- DeAd mArkErS
Some songs I just love doing multiple versions of, maybe never quite getting it right but just in love with the dance.
listening to some LCD Soundsystem inspired this version, it only kinda shows.
- Green Tornados >>>rapper ready mix
Simply made some edits from Jey Giuliano 's violently rotating piece "Green Tornados".
It reminded me of them groovy instrumentals that Ghostface or the Beastie Boys might rock. Love this Jey, you got some amazing tricks up your sleeve!
PS Do you ever listen to David Axelrod?
Brought up with love
Taken out with manners
Reeled in with discipline
Still, the mess that good children make
Beware the child'...
post happy hour on a friday
silently pumping gas next to the young manly mayor
I never cut my engine
he is fondling the shit out of his cell phone
The 'Awkward' Collaboration has so much potential. I just wanna awkwardly hug it, ass out.
I wasn't tuned into much of the work that went into this collaboration, so maybe som...
- Audio Re-RECS for 2/23/14 (Old and New Selex)
It has been an emotionally draining week for me to say the least, but I did my best to get it together today to share these. These audio re-recs also double as old/new project suggestions.
- "don't tell my bird" - amferraro . More than anything, I'm re-recommending us go back and take a listen to the work of amferraro. For this particular track, we would probably need to contact amferraro to get the stems....hmmm... BETTER YET!!! We can make a big creative love note of a video for him, and see if he wants to work together on something. Does anybody know him? How do we reach out and say hey? I'd love to try and collectively talk / hear from our artists in a more direct, personal way when moving forward on community directed projects of their work. It could maybe make us all feel more connected to the production process.
- "Got My Hair Cut" - kampaign and pixelpilgrim. I will always love this song. Let's finish the song and make the video, period. Its beyond brilliant. Kampaign does a wonderful job of meeting Pixel in the middle and really expanding on the lushness of the track. Pixel's lyrics on here are extra sharp. I'd love to hear Kampaign and Pixel's thoughts on it as well.
- RecularCharlie's "Telekinesis is Real" would be super fun source material to just have hundreds of versions of. It is short, moving, and funny too (intro and outro). Adam Halogen and DevinLevi have already hit the ground running with incredibly different but effective remixes. This could be fun and might just be something that we showcase on our YouTube channel, but it would drum up intrigue for the site because its so damn magnetic. I'd love to hear Charlie's thoughts on it.
- "Cold Air, Warm Heart" - Started as a video challenge fulfillment by Traiedein. She interepreted some work of 23rdJokers and made this lovely piece. She was quick to make it in an audio file and put up the stems so its remix-ready. I'm also using this as an opportunity to do a blanke re-recommendation of Traiedein as an artist. I'd love to hear her thoughts on where she think it might go.
cover artwork by the immensely talented and generous artist shareheads.
audio bed provided by dan's wonderful "stereophonic fire".
This won't be good for me
A little death never hurt nobody
YES! I'm really excited about this discussion. Here are 3 project ideas I wanted to contribute.
Not For Profit Project -
Let's start a collab...
Congratulations to everyone on the completion of Season One, and big thanks to Jared for making the proper space for this rich community discussion before Season Two.
Part of what I ...
- Audio Re-RECS for 2/16/14
ahhh, I meant to include wruth's "Close" in this re-rec broadcast. I've resourced it below, do yourself a favor and listen to the singing.
Catch ya nexxt Sunday. Thanks for (g)listening.
- FIRE, Oh Boy!
singing to AlmostSound's "Oh Boy" & based on the lyrics of thisistedwells' "Fire" (10mwc poem/lyrics). One of the funnestest kind of remixes to make for me. Still figuring it out but thought I'd post the progress.
I would melt to hear some takes on percussion for this, some horns or clarinet, piano, ya know. Oh, I wanna fill the middle open part with fire sounds but maybe with human voices making the onamotopeia (hiss, crack, ssszzzhhh). Let's make it sizzzle.
Sorry but not sorry for the mouth trumpet.
ooooowww, her mouth is a hot straight shot to hell
but i like the burn of sin upon my teeth
twelve crazy lays still she never could quite tell
that I, the guy she's loving knows fire moves beneath these here streets
just want to see her face, I always, I always wonder why
we ended up on another staircase
another hallway, a matinee, I always wonder why
she's like a flame without its light
blindly i walk in warmth amidst the night
entire floors of rugs burning in our spines
the milestone of death under our sights
and I just want to see her face
I always, I always wonder why (repeat)
What a fucked up FIIIIIRE!!!
her lips taste like holy hell
and Ima rot in hell
and Ima rotten man
for thinking how I dooooooooooooo
(burn on and on)
and you're a pyro toooooooooo
(keep that fire going)
- 2/9/14 Re-Recs
There was a lot of extraordinary audio released this week between the challenges and new recorders... just inspired stuff abound.
I wanted to put more time and energy into these re-recommendations but got tied up eating pizza, watching Olympics and talking about Pro Wrestling with Uncle Jerry.
Anyways, really enjoyed these records and hope you do too..
note: I didn't mention the Clown music of Almostsound's that I've resourced but you can hear it playing in the background for the first minute here and I re-recommend that goodness as well.