What is time?
Is time an illusion? Is it a before and an after? Past and future, beginning and end? I don't know what it is beyond how we measure it in seconds, minutes and hours, days, weeks and years. I wrote a song about it in first-grade, "The King of the Clocks." I don't remember the lyrics or anything, but the passage of time has always been on my mind as the more time ticks the closer I get to my time is up. But when would that be? I can't predict it, or truly measure it beyond a guesstimation, so time is irrelevent. Or, is it? Does it even exist? Is time just a linking of one thing to the next? We can dig into relativity and quantum mechanics, or we can skirt around it. We would have 22 minutes to explore it. That would be just enough time, I think.
- Circadian Rythm and the biological clock
- Things that stand the test of time! Entropy, aging...
- stories where time is of the essence, running out of time, procrastination...déjà vu, wasting time, saving time, day lights savings time, good and bad timing, chance, how much time things need to grow - too little I not enough and when enough time is just right, etc.
- a contrast between people who are always late and people who are always on time and what motivates both behaviors.
- We could work around time travel; make a documentary on how we started measuring time; a story about time running out (ticking bomb or terminal illness)...
RE: Time -
*doin' time, as in prison.
*Testimonials: What do people fill their time doing? Are there enough hours in the day to do what you have to?
*Eras/ Generational gaps - Get stories from people who were born in different times.
*It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. I'm imagining an amazing interstitial of someone's grandma or grandpa mixed with someone who's very young (around 10) both talking about what it's like to live in this day & age or trying to explain the best time in their lives.
*Time machine short - I had a funny thought: What if a Victorian woman or man were thrown into a situation now - a situation filled with twerking, texting, selfies, and hashtags? These could be broken up into smaller scenes, but I think it could be hilarious. Even something like an airplane would be crazy - what is that iron bird??
*Something should obviously take place in the 80s. The 80s are the best.
*the Future - dystopian wasteland, or wondrous utopia? what about the butterfly effect?
*messin' with time thru cinematography - sped up, slowed down, time-lapses.
*Does time heal all wounds? Do things really get better with age, like a fine wine?
*what would happen if time stopped altogether?
It could be a great theme, if you would have a time travel machine, where would you go? Past, future? Why? If you have a chance to go back to the past, Would you change anything? What it could be?
Okay, so not really about Time, but as in Future as a concept and how the not so near future is a space where individual imagination exists. We all see it differently in our minds, but then again it's all pretty much the same. I reckon there could be 3 collaborations already existing featured in this theme:
- Science Fiction collab: http://www.hitrecord.org/collaborations/8940
- Electric Loss Music Video collab: http://www.hitrecord.org/collaborations/1731
- Swimming collab: http://www.hitrecord.org/collaborations/8863