- Last Record:
- Joined: Dec 11, 2009
Sketch I did a while ago to train me on drawing (freeze frame)
I was going to prepare my next remix and I found it, plus I have a good title, so... here we go :)
CALLING ALL MUSICIANS, AUDIO PRODUCERS, & CURATORS! We're going to be releasing lots of new Request & Regularity Videos, so let's start creating & compiling some awesome new music that can be used in these videos. CONTRIBUTE HERE
MUSICIANS & AUDIO PRODUCERS: Contribute your heavy-hitting Audio RECords that we can potentially use in Regularity & Request Videos. Please refer to THIS ALBUM for examples of music we've used in the past.
CURATORS: Compile an Album of groovy Audio RECords from the site that we can potentially use in Regularity & Request Videos.
Thanks again <3
- Audio Re-RECS for 2/23/14 (Old and New Selex)
It has been an emotionally draining week for me to say the least, but I did my best to get it together today to share these. These audio re-recs also double as old/new project suggestions.
- "don't tell my bird" - amferraro . More than anything, I'm re-recommending us go back and take a listen to the work of amferraro. For this particular track, we would probably need to contact amferraro to get the stems....hmmm... BETTER YET!!! We can make a big creative love note of a video for him, and see if he wants to work together on something. Does anybody know him? How do we reach out and say hey? I'd love to try and collectively talk / hear from our artists in a more direct, personal way when moving forward on community directed projects of their work. It could maybe make us all feel more connected to the production process.
- "Got My Hair Cut" - kampaign and pixelpilgrim. I will always love this song. Let's finish the song and make the video, period. Its beyond brilliant. Kampaign does a wonderful job of meeting Pixel in the middle and really expanding on the lushness of the track. Pixel's lyrics on here are extra sharp. I'd love to hear Kampaign and Pixel's thoughts on it as well.
- RecularCharlie's "Telekinesis is Real" would be super fun source material to just have hundreds of versions of. It is short, moving, and funny too (intro and outro). Adam Halogen and DevinLevi have already hit the ground running with incredibly different but effective remixes. This could be fun and might just be something that we showcase on our YouTube channel, but it would drum up intrigue for the site because its so damn magnetic. I'd love to hear Charlie's thoughts on it.
- "Cold Air, Warm Heart" - Started as a video challenge fulfillment by Traiedein. She interepreted some work of 23rdJokers and made this lovely piece. She was quick to make it in an audio file and put up the stems so its remix-ready. I'm also using this as an opportunity to do a blanke re-recommendation of Traiedein as an artist. I'd love to hear her thoughts on where she think it might go.
cover artwork by the immensely talented and generous artist shareheads.
audio bed provided by dan's wonderful "stereophonic fire".
This document is our proposal for how to split up the percentages of hitRECorderly #3: Presenting The Fall Formal Audio.
Join in the discussion and give us your feedback by December 2nd, 2013.
dance footage in silence ready to get music on it . It could Regard the theme space since it is a site-specific dance
Choreografy by LesterRene
Dancers: LesterRene @ Gabrunesa
The Moon rabbit in folklore is a rabbit that lives on the moon, based on pareidolia that identifies the markings of the moon as a rabbit. The story exists in many cultures, particularly in Aztec mythology and East Asian folklore, where it is seen pounding in a mortar and pestle. In Chinese folklore, it is often portrayed as a companion of the moon goddess Chang'e, constantly pounding the elixir of life for her; but in Japanese and Korean versions, it is just pounding the ingredients for rice cake.
They labeled him Midas
There is a cruel, malevolent creature that perpetually haunts our house. It arrived one day without a hitch (probably through threats or blackmail) and made itself comfy in the garage. Mos...
- Not Alone (1st take)
First take for a song idea I had for the "You're Not the Only One" song collab. Just a general outline at this point. I threw the lyrics together and I'm not really satisfied with them at this point...and methinks it needs another verse after the first chorus.
Just thought I'd throw my own idea out there.
Lyrics (so far):
There was a time,
When the whole world was mine.
I roamed a land of wilderness,
Without a soul beside.
It filled my lungs,
The open, empty air above.
It saved my life,
But no one else was there to care...
Then through the haziness of loneliness I saw,
The likeness of the love I once had held, but lost.
She spoke to me,
Said, "Darling, can't you see?
Through all this life around you,
I surround you for eternity."
And she said, "Don't you come undone.
You're not the only one.
I live and breathe,
Through earth and sea and sun.
And when the day is done,
Know you're not the only one.
My starlit gaze,
Will guide your way,
You're not the only one."