um. i did a thing. idk. x
BILLIE - twenty-something, beautiful, plus-sizedALEX - twenty-something, lean, relatively good-looking
INT. CROWDED BAR, NIGHT
BILLIE and ALEX approach an empty table. ALEX is talking but we can’t hear him over the noise of the crowd and the music of a SINGER crooning away on the small stage a few feet away. It’s open-mic night.
The camera pans the over the entire bar and focuses on the couple, now seated. BILLIE is picking at the label of her BEER BOTTLE. Her face suggests she is not having fun. ALEX notices her fidgeting and...
i have been lusted afterbut i have never been loved.
you see,there is a powerful differencebetween my body existing as a trophy--
“FIRST PLACE FOR NAILING A FAT CHICK”
and respectful adorationfor the fleshwhich houses my soul.
“i dig big girls”has always been the paramount reasonfor the hands which have wanderedaround my curves,faux affectations cooed into my ear,but i have never heard“you’re beautiful”without the parenthetical tag-along
(for a fat girl).
my body is not the society standard mold,so toy with me!toss me around!
never let me...
the sun rises
and we are kissingthe bones of yesterday.
i feel bold, i feel eternalinside of the dew-drop déjà vubeauty of it.
i don’t want to stop
to worry about our shadows.
sext:let’s sit next to each otherand try to pay attention to something elsewhen really all we can think ofis how badly we want to touch each other.
sext:you’re beautiful[cont’d]i want to kiss you
sext:let’s walksomewhere quietand look at each other within the echoesof our heartbeats.
sext:come overand i will lay in your lapand blush at the feeling of your fingersin my hair.
sext:i trust you enough to tell you about the things that scare me.
sext:i miss you[cont’d]but you make me feel so goodthat happiness stays in me for daysafter...
- let's look at romance in media vs romance in real life
- what is considered "romantic" by different generations (what is different, what has stayed the same)
- is romance naturally occuring or is it forced? (are you trying to be romantic or did the circumstances/actions/emotions make a situation romantic on its own?)
- elaborate gestures? simplicity?
- what's the most romantic thing someone has done for you?
- VALENTINE'S DAY
- romantic period in the arts (favorite artists, favorite works) --> with the incredible power of technology,...
- how can memories be good/bad? (ie. is it good to hold on to certain memories, even painful ones?, etc)
- the way we tend to tie objects to memories, how that can effect us
- the pattern of what we remember and what we forget
- are our memories ever really exactly what happened, or just the rose-tinted version of events (initially i was looking at the theme of NOSTALGIA but i wanted to broaden it a bit so that the episode could go in a variety of places with it)
- similarly (^), the often stark differences between how two people remember the same...
you are my three a.m.thoughts, those which glimmerquietly in the darkness,
so gentlei worry i might dissolvebeneath the honesty.
(i thinkwe have haunted each othera very long time.)
i've had a hard time this week, hopefully i'll be more on top of this for the rest of the month.
the best night so farwas sitting beside you,watching every word that fellfrom your mouth blossominto trust
and being witness to the sparklingbuzz!between your soul and mine.
this is poem is brave but is small and needs some nurturing. please remix in any way you are inspired to.
I wake up looking in the mirror. I reflect inside of the reflection, wonder what could have happened during the night to make me look so bizarre in the morning. Wonder what I look like to other people. Wonder if I can trust the glass in front of me. Wonder if I have time to stand in front of the mirror wondering such silly things, begin to brush my teeth.
I walk down the street and see myself in shop windows -- a little distorted, a little faded. I am blurry when I jump over puddles. I am closer than I think when I look in the car’s...