- It’s not an old folks’ home. Stop calling it that!
She always sounds like a child when she talks to her mother.
- It’s nicer than where we live. It’s got cable in the rooms.
Her mother, my nana.
- You can’t just keep living out in the woods. Who does that?
Sometimes I wonder if my mother really is my nana’s daughter.
- It’s not even a house. It’s more like a shack.
Because why does she think that sounding desperate is going to work?
- I can’t just keep sending Red out there every time you get a cold. Because! She has things to do here!