- The 18th Day
This is just a couple bars of the rap I have written for this beat. Will post full song, once I RECord it. Hope you like!
"Truth is, we lied when we said that they didn't scare us.
In all fairness, we're all terri-fied and embarrassed.
But, nobody can own us, and nobody can declare us.
And, if you're your own person, you should share this."
-Ax Stinnett, "The 18th Day"
- Droppin' It
Um Yeah. So when Ines Reis did her "Another Loser" reocrd for the Winners/Losers collab, I thought it would be hilarious if (in another take), when she said "fuck it, I'll just go acapella", she actually busted it some wicked beat box groove. So, I started this one out....it got a little more elavorate than that, but the whole track is made of actually beatboxing, humming, home made percussion etc. It would be funny to see you lip sync it Ines =). Well, if you don't think it stinks, that is =). Enjoy!!!
CALLING ALL ILLUSTRATORS & IMAGE CURATORS!
wirrow, our Global Curator, has just started a collaboration entitled "Monsters VS. KIds" which combines the Monster City Collaboration with the Character Collab. The premise involves a group of Monsters who invade a city and a team of Characters (preferably kids) who band together - zombie movie style - and face the Monsters.
The story is to be told through illustrative journal entries, so both sides of the story will be told through this concept.
Here is the link to the collaboration: http://www.hitrecord.org/records/886744
Here's how you can contribute to the "Kids VS. Monsters" collaboration:
ILLUSTRATORS: This story will be told through illustrations, so please create new characters for both sides of the story (Monsters & Kids.)
IMAGE CURATORS: Search through both the Monster City Collaboration & Character Collab and curate albums of your favorite character contributions (preferably kids.) This curation will be key to helping Writers come up with the stories.
Hi! I'm *sings* DevinLevi.
I like to to sing and act and dance and write and take pictures and make movies with my iPhone.
I turned the photo "That Which We Often Fear" into a short animation. Hope you like it!
- the garden (reimagined)
listened to lizzienrose's record and could not get it out of my head. picked up a few instruments (viola, drums, glockenspiel, etc) and had a little fun.
- THIS LOOKS BETTER DOWNLOADED.
- There are credits at the end of this video because this project is doubling as my final project for a film class. We have to make a 3-5 min video (documentary, narrative, experimental, etc.) and the first idea that came to mind was Patterns & Prayers. Before I could go ahead with this project, I had to ask permission from my professor and TA. I explained what hitRECord was, the collaboration process, and how uploading my final project to the site would be easier to credit video, audio, and image resources rather than uploading it to vimeo or YouTube. They OK'd it. There are credits at the end so they understand that none of this footage, images, and audio is mine. I purely edited.
- MattConley is credited as the audio resource because I stripped the audio from his Live Cut (also resourced below).
- I've always loved Joe's poem and this live performance. If you haven't seen his original performance of this poem, you should.
Hope you enjoy <3
I think a few other recorders, including epocadofim, brought this up previously, but I wanted to talk a bit more about credits for productions.
One of the most incredible things...
- The Pinecone Ballet/ challenge # 1
I just cannot get enough of that image, it's so wonderful!
"Pine Cone Ballet, I say! You're officially challenged to write a short piece of music based on my idea for the short film (based on the image) - http://www.hitrecord.org/records/1401463"-JasonAngelone