Now that Collaborations have been redesigned here on hitRECord v5.5, we want you to start creating new Collaborations for the community to get involved with!
In this Video our Community Director, MattConley, will walk you through the following:
- How to START NEW COLLABORATIONS
- How to CONTRIBUTE RECORDS TO COLLABORATIONS
- How to REVISE PRE-EXISTING COLLABORATIONS WITH NEW REQUEST LISTS
Here's a guide to STARTING NEW COLLABORATIONS:
- Click the big red "REC" button and select "Start a Collaboration."
- Give your collab a title and a description, and also add an image record from the site as Cover Art
- From here you can start a Request List so the community knows exactly what you need for your collaboration.
- Example: Let's say you needed an Illustration of "a bird." Well, you'd go to the "Select Category" menu, select "Illustration" and then write in "Illustration of Bird." That way the community can see specifically what is needed from Illustrators.
- You can create Requests for the other categories in the drop-down list as well.
- Collaborations now have Reels. You can add records from the site - or highlight new contributions to the collab - that you would like to feature prominently within your Collaboration. You can also organize the order of your Reel, and add or remove records at any time.
- It's important to note you need to include at least one record in your Reel when starting a collaboration - it's recommended to record a Request Video, or write a text record, or include an audio or visual example in your Reel so the community gets a clear idea what you are looking for.
- Then just click the "Start Collab" button when you're done.
Here's how you CONTRIBUTE RECORDS TO COLLABORATIONS:
- Go to the Collab and click "Contribute."
- You can either upload a New Record or contribute an Existing Record of yours from the site.
- You will have to select a Request from the Collaboration that your contribution is fulfilling and then choose the record to contribute.
Here's how you REVISE PRE-EXISTING COLLABORATIONS TO ADD REQUEST LISTS:
- Go to the Collab and click "Revise."
- Create Request Lists so the community knows exactly how they can contribute
- Add Records from the site to your Reel to shine a spotlight on examples of what you're looking for
So roll up your sleeves and let's get to it! :oD