- THIS LOOKS BETTER DOWNLOADED.
- There are credits at the end of this video because this project is doubling as my final project for a film class. We have to make a 3-5 min video (documentary, narrative, experimental, etc.) and the first idea that came to mind was Patterns & Prayers. Before I could go ahead with this project, I had to ask permission from my professor and TA. I explained what hitRECord was, the collaboration process, and how uploading my final project to the site would be easier to credit video, audio, and image resources rather than uploading it to vimeo or YouTube. They OK'd it. There are credits at the end so they understand that none of this footage, images, and audio is mine. I purely edited.
- MattConley is credited as the audio resource because I stripped the audio from his Live Cut (also resourced below).
- I've always loved Joe's poem and this live performance. If you haven't seen his original performance of this poem, you should.
Hope you enjoy <3
A/N: i thought this was a poem... turns out the muse had different ideas. forgive me if it sounds like i've taken too much from real life. but... it's not meant to be anyone in particular. a...
I've watched 'Everything Is On Fire' and 'In Memory of BURNING dAN' so many times that I've lost count. Now, I was never lucky enough to know Joe's brother, Dan, but I'm inspired by his presence as an artist everyday. His dedication is what truly caught my attention. From his image as The Watermelon Man, to his marvelous work spinning poi (hope that's right), it was only a matter of time before the right idea came to me.
I illustrate the things and the people in life that inspire me. Today, the person that inspires me is - BURNING dAN
Hope you are all doing great. I am busy this weekend so I am not going to be able to make a video or remix record for my RE RECS this time, but anyway, I m...
(random tiny tune)
I always knew it would happen to me,
I always knew it would happen to me,
I always knew it would happen to me, (lalalalalala)
but now I'm taking a moment to stand,
to show my fear that I'm in command,
I won't bury my head in the sand, (lalalalalalalala)
All your problems ain't so bad to someone else,
All you need to do is rearrange yourself,
This time may seem different than the time before,
but you need to face what lies behind the door,
SFX, editing and text by me...
Download for better quality...
CALLING ALL WRITERS, PHOTOGRAPHERS, ANIMATORS, & MUSICIANS: Let's make more scenes from a fictional film! Check out catamaranwestern's "Scenes from a Fictional Film" collab and contribute writing, photos, animation + audio!
WRITERS: Find cool photos on the site and add short subtitles, dialogue, voice-over, or narration.
PHOTOGRAPHERS: Contribute evocative photos that are in need of text.
ANIMATORS: Make these still photos come to life by adding subtle motion to the frame.
MUSICIANS: Create audio for these animations.
Thanks again <3
I felt HitRecord need a simple mascot so I created this little guy.
I will call him RECardo for now. :)
BIG NEWS! Music from Season 1 of HITRECORD ON TV is now available! Get it on iTunes here: http://bit.ly/1fgmyX3, or wherever you buy digital music.*
1) You’re Not The Only One (RE: THE NUMBER ONE)
2) Freestyle Something RE: The Number One
3) Oh, It’s Fantastic (RE: FANTASY)
4) Beastly Beauty (RE: FANTASY)
5) Front Lawn Freak (RE: TRASH)
6) Freestyle Something RE: Trash
7) The Spaces Between (RE: SPACE)
8) Still Here Score (RE: TRASH)
9) Adieu (RE: THE OTHER SIDE)
10) Stay Away (RE: THE OTHER SIDE)
11) Freestyle Something RE: THE OTHER SIDE)
12) The Other Side Monologue / End Credits
13) The Money Tree (RE: MONEY)
14) Freestyle Something (RE MONEY)
15) Weep For The King (RE: MONEY)
16) Either/Order (RE: PATTERNS)
17) We Can Go Back Again (RE: PATTERNS)
* Not available in Vinyl or CD.