Stop Motion & Icon: IrmaVep
Music by: TheTenant & TheBoxSets
Key Illustrations: xobreexo23
Adam and I have been working with our developer over the past few months on a new home page for hitRECord, specially aimed towards new visitors, but I think long-time users will also find it really useful as a collection of our current and best work, along with latest news.
Since the beginning of hitRECord, nearly all of our site design and development energy has been focused on making it better to make the art we make together, and this new release is the first time we've put as much focus on making it better to view the art we make together. And that focus made sense — it's called hitRECord, not hitPLAY after all — and yet we all feel very excited about expanding the hitRECord tent to better accommodate new visitors and viewers and appreciators of great art alongside longtime users, RECorders, and makers of great art.
Hope you all enjoy it!
1. "we are a universe. (illustration)" - valeob
I've been in love with stars and galactic stuff recently, so this is one of my favourite tiny illustrations of the week. It's adorable...
I hope everyone is doing great. These are my recommendations for this week, Sunday 11-11-12. I am recommending this week 18 records, this time I chose some videos and illustrations. To all the Hitrecorders who are lucky enough to attend the Hitrecord Tour of this year, Have fun and please REC everything so we, the not so lucky Hitrecorders can watch the shows.
I also want to remind you about the Secret Santa Collab 2012, we have already 101 hitrecorders on the list, so if you didn’t send me an email yet, do it, and join us! Have a wonderful week and here you have my RE RECS of this week, don’t forget to go and check all these records and recommend them.
1. ❤ By Tanja Mar: Isn’t this cute little guy adorable? I really love this illustration, would be perfect for remixes and also maybe someone can write a tiny story for him who is he? What is he doing? Where did he come from? This could be also a great addition to the Characters collab.
2. Cloudy Sky by SkaurMusic: Awesome picture, I love how the clouds in the sky looks like cotton candy, and I also love the contrast between the sky and the shadows of the trees. For me, this is a perfect picture.
3. Cranes of Bitter lake by Saintmaker: I love all these new pictures that Jim is sharing with us, and especially I really like this new style that he is using (I think that is some kind of oily Photoshop effect) he is a great photographer and his illustrations are awesome, but they look even more awesome with this new kind of remix. Just love all of them.
4. Forrest Friends by annesleypants: Another adorable illustration. I can imagine all these characters reading the Tiny Book of tiny stories, so It could be a great illustration for the upcoming book of tiny stories, It can show that everyone can enjoy our book of tiny stories, it’s just an idea, but anyway the illustration is just beautiful and can be used in a lot of ways.
5. A bunch of skulls by Lea Daniel: Another fantastic illustration by Lea. As I said before I love the darkness and mysterious that she add to her illustrations, and her imagination is just brilliant, I think that this illustration is begging for a story, someone?
6. Day of the dead by Debra Lou: The day of the dead is a really important celebration for a lot of cultures and countries around the world, especially Mexico and Latin America, so I really love this illustration, because for me it’s a different and cool way to characterize death. Great job Debra.
7. Flower Lights by aica: Another beautiful illustration made by aica, what I love must about aica’s illustrations are the colors, in this case I really love this one, because she represent one of my favorite places on earth New York City with her illustrations (in this case flowers), you can see the statue of liberty and some other NYC famous places, I would love to see other cities or places made with this same style.
8. Outsider Leader (REMIX) by Sapppy: This is a brilliant remix for the Outsiders collab. It shows with a really cool illustration, that we can be different and instead been followers we can be leaders. I think that this illustration could be a great choice to show on the next HR shows.
9. ADH personality photo journal collage Visalia CA by adhgraphicdesign: I love this, I am not only recommended Amber’s contribution, which is my favorite so far, but also I am recommending the Collab: My personality Photo Collab, I think it’s a very creative and wonderful way to know more about each other, so I recommend you all to join this collab and contribute with your photo journal.
10. Red Riding Hood (Same story, different ending) by Pantoufle: I love Pantoufle Illustrations; I really like her style and especially the colors and textures that she uses. She made this illustration for the Same Story, Different ending collab and I just think that she did a great job; it can be also a great addition to the little red Riding hood collab.
11. Robot by Giada: Another cute and lovely illustration. In this case, Giada made this illustration which is also a Tiny Story; I think that this is beautiful and could be a great addition to the Tiny Stories next book.
12. The cannibal 2 by Jonlock: I am sure I am not the only fan of JonLock’s illustrations, I love them all and I always said that: “this is my favorite” until he make another one even cooler and I have to change my mind and say: “No, THIS one is my favorite” so, for now, this one is my favorite, isn’t it wonderful?
13. Application error voodoo doll by sinnamin: This is hilarious and I think that every hitrecorder needs to have one of those, so instead we try to kick our computers or get mad at HR because it shows the application error over and over again, we can let out our anger hurting this little guy! BRAVO, this is just brilliant sin!!!
14. The girl who sewed her eyes by Jennifer Chittenden: Love this, it’s scary and awesome at the same time, for some reason this illustration made me feel uncomfortable and that’s what I love about it. Jennifer made this illustration for eternalxin’s Tiny Story and I think she made a fantastic job.
15. Candle love by CmrGlc: I really love what CmrGlc did with this animation and I am really glad that thanks to some ideas, this video/animation was created because I think that the result is fantastic, you did a great job and I would love to see more of these animations made by you soon.
16. Got your letter by Wunderboy: I love this. Wunderboy made another acted Dialogue Tale. This is a guy talking to himself in the mirror, this time he used wonderful Metaphorest's "The Love Letter” dialogue tale and I think that he did a fantastic job with this video, so please keep them coming.
17. On the Road – Pre-show animation test by SethBang: This is awesome and I think that in some way, is exactly what HR staff is looking for the On The Road Pre Show animation that they are going to show on the next HR tour, so please guys, pay attention to this animation, I think it could be really useful for the upcoming shows.
18. Work rap (edit 1.0) by Ryan Patrick: Ryan did a wonderful job putting together all these great resources and made a Work rap, I really enjoyed it and I think it’s a great way to show the different contributions that some Hitrecorders made for the Work Collab. Great job as always Ryan.
This is it guys, Have a fantastic Sunday and a wonderful week guys! :)
This is a rough cut of the soundtrack I wrote for Gooblygag. I love how the story takes so many twists and turns and I've been really inspired by all of your animations.
I still have a bit more instrumentation and arranging to do, and I haven't even started mixing yet, but all the major elements are here. I just wanted to put this up here in case any of you super talented animators wanted to incorporate some of the musical cues into your work. I love what you all are doing so far.
Also, if anybody plays a BRASS instrument this track definitely needs some love in that department. I can't stand MIDI horns, but what would a heroic tale be without a fanfare? The rest of the orchestral instruments would also hugely benefit from the real thing. So far there is a need for strings (of all kind), glockenspiel, flute, oboe, bassoon, clarinet, tuba, trumpet, timpani, xylophone, marimba, and harpsichord.
If you would like the sheet music for any of the parts, just let me know and I can send it to you.
I'll put the audio only version up here too. Sorry for the video quality degradation, working with video is not my strong suit.I hope you guys like it!
Tempo = 42 BPM in 6/8
(Timpani crescendo/Cymbal crash)
Key = switches between a min. and C Maj. (the very last chord is a Picardy third -- A Maj.)
You know how much I adore Muybridge (734490) so I had to get my hand into CaptClare's "The Muybridge Leap" (1031693) with some rotoscoping fun. Hope you all like it!
Just saw CaptClare's featured "What animates you remix" (1033054) that includes her Leap record - so amazing! - maybe this rotoscope chunk could get mixed into that? That would be rad <3