All together now...Together!(or 2gether)
We like to do things together, don't we? We make things together. We learn together. We spend time together. We live together. We want our thoughts to be together.
A big part of love is togetherness. Being together. Staying together. Why is our desire so strong to find someone to be together with for the rest of our lives? Is being alone really that bad?
Some of us are so close, you could say we're joined at the hip.
And a lot of things happen together all at once. By chance? By fate?
So whether it's a pair of two, a group of three, or a party of twenty.....We're all in this together, no matter what.
For further discussion on the topic, let's get together over lunch. How does right now sound? ;)
I think the theme of "Health" is one that can be expanded upon in various ways.
- In sickness and in health…(I do)
- How do you maintain good health?
- What does it mean to be healthy? What does healthy look like to you? What are your healthy &/or unhealthy habits?
- Diet and exercise
- Healthy foods
- Diseases - serious, fatal, common cold, germaphones
- Medicine - Drugs you should take / side effects / home remedies
- Health Insurance , Medicare, Medicaid
- Doctors - Are you scared of them? Have you ever been saved by one?
- Hospitals - What goes through you’re head when you’re in one? Your last check-up?
There's so much sadness in the world….Let’s lighten the place up a little.
- types of comedy (classic, romantic, farce, dark, satire, slapstick, spoof, etc.)
- What’s so funny? What makes you laugh?
- Ever laugh ‘til it hurts? Oh, he had me in stitches! Why do we get so much comedy out of pain?
- Do you have a good sense of humor? Some jokes go too far. When is humor considered bad?
- Why do some jokes not translate well from country to country?
- What if laughter didn’t exist? (just kidding)
- The History of Comedy
- What was the first joke you ever heard? (not kidding)
- “A guy walks into a bar…” Comic timing - the path to a great punch line
- stand-up comedians make a living by making us laugh...How hard is it to get someone to laugh?
- comic strips - fan of the funnies?
"If you prove the cause, you at once prove the effect; and conversely nothing can exist without its cause."
Welcome to CAUSE and EFFECT, the principle of causation. Cause and effect is the relationship between something happening that makes something else happen.
The cause and effect form a link.
Reason -> Action or Event -> Results
We make choices; we face consequences.
The Butterfly Effect is an example of a chain reaction; it occurs when a cause leads to many effects.
We compete with each other. It's me vs. you.
We compete with ourselves. It's me vs. myself, & I.
We compete with the world. It's us vs. them.
We are starving for competition. We all want to not only be the best at something but prove we are, as well. We all want to beat our greater thans, less thans, & equals.
I know what you're thinking. Season 1 covered RE: Games, which explored competition in gameplay, politics, & romance, but there's plenty more to cover under competition.
We compete in the world of business...Who has the better job? Who has the higher education?
Even our personal lives are a competiton...Who has the most problems? Who has the better kids?
We compete when it comes to looks. Who wore it better? Who looks more attractive?
You can't turn the channel without finding, at least, one reality competition show on TV. There are singing competitions, beauty competitions, cooking competitions, surviving competitions, etc.
Why are we so obsessed with competition? Were we taught to be competitive? Or were some of us born with the "one-upmanship" gene?
A danger can be something or someone that causes harm, injuries, or death.
Help! I'm in danger!
Thrill seekers like to walk on the wild side & get the taste of danger.
The real heroes who walk among us, police officers, firefighters, soldiers, all put their lives on the line and face danger every day as a part of their jobs. These brave men and women risk so much so you don't have to. But you still wanna, right? Because danger is...well...exhiliarating.
At, least, it always looks cool on-screen. Secret agents on top secret missions shooting bad guys & saving the world...Oooh...How dangerous!
When things are risky, we ignore the warnings of danger, and take chances.
What dangers do you face? Which ones do you avoid?
Actually, most items we buy come with warning labels, just in case something malfunctions.
Do you want to know a very dangerous & scary place? Besides a volcano....No, besides the ocean....No, besides that roller coaster you screamed you're head off on...
A road (think about that).