CALLING ALL FEMALE VOICE OVER ARTISTS!
Our new Animated Short Film "Unicorn" needs Female VO Artists to RECord readings of the new V3 script.
Please use this V3 Script as a reference: http://www.hitrecord.org/records/947950
You can contribute your Voice Overs to the "Unicorn" collaboration here: http://www.hitrecord.org/records/886277
* There are TWO OPENING LINES. Please READ BOTH LINES. We'd like to experiment a bit and see what the best way to introduce the Narrator is - so you cantry reading these lines in as many ways as you'd like!
* Please keep background noise at an absolute minimum. Getting the most crisp, clear audio recording is crucial since this will be used in the Short Film.
* Please upload your audio records as .WAV files and please upload them dry, without reverb or echo.
* Multiple takes are strongly encouraged. Please try different styles and be as creative as you'd like!
* The Narrator is female, and a teenager. Here is a visual reference: http://www.hitrecord.org/records/931764
* The story is being told directly to the audience, as if The Narrator and the audience are face to face.
* The Narrator has a Southern accent, and it should be consistent throughout the reading.
* The script has a few notes regaridng gum chewing early on. There should be gum chewing during the "I was 17..." line. You can simulate the gum chewing, or chew actual gum, during this line. There is a pause after "Well..." in the next sentence. The "bubble pop" sound effect will be added later in post-production.
* The story is told in a very causual, friendly, and welcoming way. It's important to convey this in the reading.
* Also worth noting is that The Narrator is apathetic about the death of the Unicorn; she doesn't seem to think it's a big deal. This should also come through in the reading.
FCP by Dr. Gory