why not? here goes...
1) i can speak fluent pig latin and was quite proud of this when i was a kid.
2) i am a professionally trained set-rigger and worked professionally at this for years on stages 30-40’ high – but when standing on a ledge or by a high-up open window i get slight vertigo and am afraid of falling (though i won't show it). my friends think this is ridiculous. i agree with them completely.
3) most people think i am in my early twenties when they see me (i’m not – but i won’t tell you how old i am either ;) *though i have alluded to it a few times here :)).
4) people have thought that about me for about the past 15 years…
5) i firmly believe in waiting until marriage and am glad i did.
6) i prefer hot chocolate to coffee – but if it is italian coffee i will drink it black
7) i love the idea of victory ice cream! i think it would be amazing to see this become a new trend in weddings or something instead of a toast!
8) i prefer sunrise to sunset – but i have seen some breathtaking sunsets!
9) i have been playing frisbee since about as soon as i could walk.
10) i think kanji is a beautiful language.
11) i believe that the product of childhood is a competent adult who can contribute back to the society that provided the environment to grow up in. and that adults have a responsibility to create a society that is a safe place for a child to grow up. i try to live my life by these ideas.
12) i am the oldest daughter of an oldest daughter of an oldest daughter of an oldest daughter – all born within about a 100 mile radius of each other. i thought it would be cool if i got magical powers at some point in my life because of this, but so far no such luck…
13) i went to the same high school as my mom and her brothers and sister, the rival high school of my grandmother and great-grandmother.
14) i had my uncle’s english teacher who held some sort of grudge against him for so long that after finding out that i was his niece she never looked at me the same. he never told me what happened...
15) i recently got into motocross and my bucket list includes learning 3 key tricks (and living to tell about them!). this is a big deal to me as i spent the end of last year in a wheelchair. only as of a few months ago was i able to stably and normally walk again. i’ve studied up on some theory, and i cannot wait until i am strong enough to actually do it!
16) i believe in true love.
17) i read incredibly fast (i read charlie and the chocolate factory in an hour when i was a kid).
18) i can still tell you the plot line if not actual details of most of the stories i have read – and i have read thousands of books (i was the girl hiding the novel in her science book in grade school…)
19) i believe in past (and future) lives.
20) i respect skill, courage, competence, and above all else, personal integrity in other people.
21) i was first chair, first flute in 9th grade. but i can’t sight read music – i would play by hearing and then knowing the songs. this almost cut into an all-state band audition later, when my teacher found out i couldn’t sight read to save my life.
22) i think psychiatry is a total joke and i wait the day that someone anywhere can produce a scientific test delineating a single diagnosis listed in the dsm (actual chemical “this is what is missing – this drug replaces it” basic-type test).
23) with that, i do believe in mental illness and that the mind and people’s emotions and past experiences can have a huge effect on who and how they are today. i just don’t believe in drugs as a solution to emotions or emotional difficulties. emotions are a large part of what make us human and understanding them and dealing with them is a much stronger tool than covering them up. and when all else fails – i always say vent through art.
24) this might sound whatever but it is totally true...i have no idea where i would be today if it were not for hitRECord and finding it when i did.
25) while i am a ridiculous optimist, i take care to ensure that doesn’t mean turning a blind eye to problems. i just believe in confronting and doing something about them while remaining hopeful and positive. if all the energy that was spent on speculating, gossiping, complaining and hating was spent on working out what to do about it, we could have world peace by next tuesday. maybe wednesday at the latest…