I'm bored & procrastinating studying for an exam... so I'm going to jump on the 25 Things bandwagon =) I like that we can all learn a little bit about each other by doing this.
1. I have an affinity for buying instruments... I have an acoustic guitar, an electric guitar, a soprano ukulele, a tenor ukulele, a banjo, 7 harmonicas in different keys, a glockenspiel ... the only ones I can play with any sort of proficiency are the ukuleles and guitars. Had to stop this habit because it was getting pricey.
2. I have always loved singing, but I am really scared of singing in front of people. I just recently became able to record myself singing and let people listen to it. I guess I didn't think I was any good? I dunno. I'm starting to go to karaoke regularly with my friends so hopefully that will break me out of my shell. ;)
3. I love ska music, ska bands, ska shows... a lot. I've probably been to over 20 ska shows. I've always wanted to be in a ska band.
4. I have always been pretty "behind the times" technology-wise. Never had a tv in my bedroom, didn't get a cell phone til I was 16 (most of my friends got them in 7th or 8th grade).. I just got a smart phone last week after thinking to myself "wow... my grandpa has a smart phone, and I still have this rock with buttons on it..." but I don't like it - too much going on. And no HitRecord app, what the heck! Get on that, HR team ;)
5. My boyfriend and I met in an arcade playing Dance Dance Revolution hahah. people normally think I'm joking when I tell them that but no, that's really how we met. And I'm glad we did - we've been together almost 5 years now :D
6. I didn't care about politics in high school, and started getting into it in college... I almost wish I hadn't, because now I want to move out of the country lol.
7. I love movies that fuck with your mind and have a great ending... Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Fight Club, Donnie Darko... please, give me suggestions if you have any. :3
8. I love movies but I don't like watching tv. I don't keep up with any tv series or anything like that. Although I'll occasionally watch some Law & Order SVU on Netflix.
9. I curse a lot... a fucking lot. lol. It's a hard habit to break.
10. I love being barefoot.
11. I'm really out of shape. Not overweight, but out of shape. I live on the 4th floor of my apartment and I dread going up those stairs every day lol.
12. Coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee
13. I want to live somewhere that's warm all the time.
14. I hated my name pretty much until high school. "Isn't that a boy's name!? hurr hurr hurr" ... stupid kids. I like it now, though. (My name is Devon by the way)
15. The funny thing about that is that my mom swears she knew I was going to be a girl.... but she named me Devon. Her alternate name for me was Darian. But still as a girl. My sister's name is Shannon - a perefectly normal girl's name. Why didn't she name HER Darian, hmm??
16. I guess I have a lot of random facts about my name... but either I talk too fast, or people are hard of hearing, because people are always asking me to repeat my name. or they just get it wrong. When I used to be a telemarketer, people would always call me "Debbie". And at work, I'm a waitress, so when I say "my name is Devon, I'll be taking care of you, yadda yadda", people always immediately go looking for my nametag out of confusion. lol.
17. I'll be 21 in a month - who's buying me a drink? :)
18. I drive a big ol' grandpa car... it actually used to be my grandpa's, too, so it's an authentic grandpamobile ;) his name is Larry (my car - not my grandpa...)
19. My entire family has blue eyes. Every. Single. Person.
20. I can't write lyrics. I try, but they always sound dumb. It makes me sad.
21. I love zombie walks. I participated in the world record attempt for the largest zombie walk ever... and we did it :D so I'm part of a world record. lol. the icon for this REC is me & my sister at a 1960's themed zombie beach party. xD
22. I never really dyed my hair until college... but now I can't stop, I get bored of my hair so quickly. I went blonde for a little while... in all actuality, it was more of a gold color? It was weird. But I sorta miss it.
23. I love the beach. I live 20 minutes away from a few different NJ beaches (I refuse to say "Jersey Shore" anymore... too much stigma attached to my home state nowadays). So I'm there pretty much all summer. I can't tan or anything, but I just love laying in the sun :D
24. I don't know how to make a resumee. And I don't really want to learn. I don't want a real job in the real world lol. Growing up is scary.
25. Even just after a few short months, I am officially addicted to HitRecord and all of the beautiful people here. :) love you all <3