1. I was born with a paralyzed muscle in my right eye, meaning that I have almost zero vision in that eye. I had two eye surgeries attempting to repair my eye that were unsuccessful by the age of two.
2. I started singing when I was two years old. My dad told me that he would hear me making up songs as I swung on the swing set in the backyard.
3. I have played the trumpet sense I was eleven, and did band all through high school. I don't play as much anymore because I live in an apartment and it is noisy.
4. One of my hobbies is jewelry making. I do macramé, beaded jewelry, and cameo brooches. Sometimes I sell them for extra income.
5. I also am a freelance mobile DJ. I play at weddings and parties for extra income.
6. I went hitch hiking across the United States for six months with my son’s father in 1999. I was nineteen.
7. I am a single mom and have been for the majority of my soon to be twelve year old son's life. I fend for myself.
8. I use to have a vocal range of four octaves, but because I smoked cigarettes for over fifteen years until I quit two years ago, and I lost a whole octave.
9. I am a classically trained vocalist, but I prefer to sing jazz, blues, or rock style vocals. My favorite range to sing in is tenor and alto.
10. I have an associate’s degree in Commercial Music.
11. I have a very boisterous laugh and sometimes snort when I laugh.
12. I swear like a sailor, always have. I have been accused of having turrets syndrome on several occasions. Oddly enough I know how to hold my tongue when I am at grandmas or working.
13. I detest violence, well, except for when it is for sport like UFC, because these people signed up to fight and it is monitored and they know what they are getting into, or a scene in a movie, which isn’t real. I have never started a fight, but every fight started by someone else against me has been finished by me. There have been a total of three. I was born on the day of the "tough cookie" according to my friend's astrology book.
14. I have been told by some of the very few people who have seen me royally pissed off that it is a frightening sight to behold. Luckily it doesn’t happen often. It takes a lot to get there.
15. I use to run a major music retail store until I started speaking up against the safety violations and the unfair pay rate for the women who worked for me. Then they plotted to have me terminated. I chose not to sue the company because I just wanted to be away from that poisonous environment. Sometimes I regret it, sometimes I don’t.
16. When I hear music with a good beat I can’t stop myself from dancing!
17. When I was in sixth grade I tried out for the school play. We were doing the Greek play Agamemnon. I got picked to play the lead female roll. On the day we were to present it to the school for the first time, I got up on stage and froze. I completely forgot my lines and ran off stage. I gave the part to my understudy. That was the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to me.
18. In 2004 I publish a book of poetry called “I’m All Write”. I have taken it out of print because although I am proud of my writing I no longer feel the way I did when I wrote the poems. A lot of them reflect the fact that I was religious at the time, which I am not any longer.
19. I do all of my Christmas gift shopping a year early. I use any money that I get for Christmas to clearance shop for presents in January. I usually get between 75%-90% off on the stuff and then store it until the coming Christmas.
20. My favorite color is purple.
21. When I was almost fifteen I was hit by a truck while illegally walking across the street. I suffered a concussion, severe road rash, and two fractured vertebrae. I still have a lot of pain from that accident. I always cross at the cross walk now.
22. I have more pair of shoes than I care to mention ;)
23. When I was thirteen I ate a moldy hot dog that was fed to me at church camp without noticing it’s condition, and was so sick that I swore of meat for eight years. When I was five months pregnant with my son I began to crave beef. I broke the eight years with a Jumbo Jack at 2am. From there I started eating beef jerky and dipping it in ice cream. I still eat meat, but nothing weird like that after I had my son.
24. I have lost four friends to heroin over dose and one to alcoholism in the last ten years.
25. I love music so much so here is a list of my top ten bands, though I love hundreds:
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs