MattConley kindly suggested I challenge myself and try out some different voice characterizations when I do a VO for HR, rather than just recording one version. Anyway, there's so much amazing stuff going on with the Shadows project already, but I thought I'd just jump in anyway. So, this is just the first paragraph of the Prologue, read in ten different ways, each one a bit weirder than the last. Would love to hear back, especially from Attilee and Soupy, if any of these are remotely useful! Here goes:
1. Low, restrained, medium pace, 'normal'.
2. Slightly faster, less low, and more expressive.
3. Upbeat; slightly singsong. Faster, higher.
4. Expressive, fastest. Wide-eyed: kids' book/movie.
5. Low and slow like a wise wizard.
6. Slightly crazy professor.
7. Haunted vicar.
8. Wild-eyed gardener. (With apologies to everybody, from Plymouth to Poplar.)
9. Deranged schoolmaster.
10. Nasal ninny. (Best avoided altogether.)