I loved the remix from Sparksee05 and i add/change some few things:
- Added parenthesis in the actions. (I think plays are written that way)
- Added more dialogues for the rest of the audience.
- Changed a little bit the first paragraph.
Feel free to remix, cut, correct, etc! If you want to correct grammatical errors, even better! (I speak Spanish :P )
Murder at the Town Hall:
The people in the audience are dressed up like there's no tomorrow. Old costumes, new costumes... all is valid that night. Our soul clan's Joe, from the stage, makes a gesture for the public to read a card or the next, to maintain the timing of history. There is no sound in the auditorium, so that all voices are heard. The actors must raise his voice as his character to do so. They all are Joe's puppets.
1. (Female) Woman 1:
- AAAAHHH! There is a dead man next to me!
Joe raises his arms so all the people in the audience gasp or scream.
2. (Female / Male / General Audience) Crowd hysterical talking one to each other and exaggerating the story (one sentence per card, which must be repeated until Joe changing the card):
- A gentleman? What gentleman?
- What? Are not special effects?
- Stop screaming, woman!
3. (Female) Woman 2:
- Man! Dead! Here!
4. (Female / Male / General Audience) Crowd hysterical talking one to each other and exaggerating the story (one sentence per card, which must be repeated until Joe changing the card):
- There are corpses there!
- I see dead people!
- Let's get out of here!
- We're all going to die!
5. (Male) Detective:
- Shut up, people! Keep order! I'm a detective! Does anyone know the victim?
(Silence in the audience)
6. (Male) Detective:
- Ok, we will return to that later. This man has been stabbed.
7. (Female) Woman 3:
- Oh! There's a knife on the floor!
8. (Female) Woman 4:
- And he has blood on it!
9. (Male) Man 1:
- I saw him at the entrance. He was accompanied by a woman.
10. (Male) Detective:
- Has anyone seen that woman?
(Silence in the audience)
11. (Female) Woman 5:
- I have not really seen her, but she looked cheap.
12. (Female) Woman 6:
- Yes! Surely he picked it up on the street.
13. (Male) Detective:
- Hey, relax. Is no time for prejudices.
14. (Female) Woman 7:
- Sure! That bitch...
15. (Male) Detective:
16. (Female) Woman 8:
- Surely he did not pay well to her.
17. (Female) Woman 9:
- Yeah. That stingy.
18. (Female) Woman 10:
- I wish I would have stabbed him...
19. (Female) Woman 11:
- I don't! I miss him!
20. (Female) Woman 12:
- Shut up, bitch! I miss him more!
21. (Female) Woman 13:
- You calm down! I loved him!
22. (Female) Woman 14:
- But he loved me!
23. (Male) Detective:
- Hey, ladies. Calm down all.
24. (Male) Man 2:
- Hey, dude. Better shut up.
25. (Male) Man 3:
- Yeah, man. My wife has a nail file.
26. (Male) Man 4:
- And mine has a spray and a lighter.
27. (Male) Man 5:
- And mine a cane to walk!
28. (Male) Man 6:
- I'm scared. Let's get out of here.
29. (Male) Man 7:
- SILENCE! Everyone remain calm so we may all attempt to begin to fathom just how to uncover the committer of this UNSPEAKABLE crime!
30. (Male) Man 3:
- Dude, we’ve been speaking about it for the last two minutes.
31. (Male) Man 7:
- SILENCE! There must be some way to identify the besmircher of this theater’s hallowed, if somewhat generic, name! The carry througher of this ass’ asisine assassination!
32. (Male) Man 2 (To other Man):
- Who invited this guy?
33. (Male) Man 7 (Turns to detective):
34. (Male) Detective:
35. (Male) Man 7:
- Is there any way to unmask the culprit? Can there be any solution?
36. (Male) Detective:
- Well, there is one way to find out what happened. Partygoers lean in. But it’s a long shot. Before that woman saw the corpse, was anyone recording?
(Each partygoer holds up a large roll of film. A projector is wheeled down the auditorium’s aisle. Detective places everyone’s rolls of film in a pile beside it. Detective aims projector at large screen onstage, and switches on its light. House lights go off. Places first roll on the projector. All partygoers take their seats to watch the film.
Film begins. Random images of the party flicker in a continual blur. Camera stops to focus on the theater’s bar where Pre-Assassinated Ass is having a flirtatious interlude with Woman #1. Woman #1 giggles, shimmies, and sips from a glass of wine. Pre-Assassinated Ass looks away briefly. Woman #1 smashes top of wine glass on the counter. Lifts broken wine glass, positions to cut Pre-Assassinated Ass’ throat. Pre-Assassinated Ass sees someone he knows and walks away. Woman #1 glares maliciously, slips broken glass into her purse and follows.)
37. (Female / Male / General Audience):
- She did it!
- Detective, catch her!
(More shots of random party/theater images.
Camera stops to focus on Pre-Assassinated Ass conversing with Woman #2 in front of chocolate fondu fountain at the buffet table. Pre-Assassinated Ass pauses to narcissize himself in nearby mirror. Woman #2 inconspicuously removes food from her shish kabob and begins sharpening the stick against a flat object. (her bracelet?) Pre-Assassinated Ass turns back to fixate on Woman #2. Woman #2 quickly hides sharpened shish kabob behind her back. Pre-Assassinated Ass is again distracted by someone he knows and bids farewell to Woman #2. After he departs, Woman #2 elusively slips shish kabob down the neckline of her dress.)
38. (Female / Male / General Audience):
- She is worse than the other!
- She is the real killer!
- I know her! She's crazy!
(More shots of random party/theater images.
Camera cuts to musicians beside the stage where Pre-Assassinated Ass is seductively interluding with Woman #3 while she cleans her trombone. The pair laugh and caress one another lasciviously on the cheek. Pre-Assassinated Ass turns away briefly to sneeze. Woman #3 removes sword from the bell of the trombone. Situates herself into recapitating position. Pre-Assassinated Ass is again distracted by another acquaintance and swaggers away.)
39. (Female / Male / General Audience):
- Er... Another?
- Oh... It was her? Or her?
- I can't decide!
(More shots of random party/theater images. Pacing of montage increases.
Camera briefly focuses on Woman #4 wearing a pair of throwing stars for earrings. Watching the Pre-Assassinated Ass from afar, she slowly removes them from her ears and twirls them in her hands.
More shots of random party/theater images. Pacing of montage increases.
Camera cuts to Woman #5 wearing a hockey mask and waving a large fan in front of her face.
Camera cuts to Woman #6 in dressing room with dancers/clowns adjusting costumes. Woman #6 squirts can of hairspray labelled POISON on needle of seamstress’ spinning wheel. Watches Pre-Assassinated Ass from afar as he flirtatiously fondles dancers/clowns.
Camera cuts to Woman #7 standing on balcony and polishing an anvil with feathered boa.)
40. (Female / Male / General Audience):
- Which did it?
- They are all crazy!
- Let us flee from here!
(Joe takes the stage and partygoers congregate into an audience facing him. Joe begins greeting.
Camera cuts to Woman #8 slinking toward Pre-Assassinated Ass from behind. Woman #8 wears scream mask . Slips both gloves off. Removes shoe with sharp stiletto heel.
Film ends. Film projector shuts off. House lights turns back on.)
37. (Male) Male 7: To detective.
38. (Male) Man 6 (Looks at women):
- I’m scared! Let’s get out of here!
(Several men run out of the auditorium.)
39. (Female) Woman 15:
- Cowards! Never mind...
40. (Female) Woman 16:
- We don't need it... How do we say?
41. (Female / Male - All the cards):
- The show must go on!
42. (Female) Woman 16:
- No! Not that thing!
43. (Female / Male - All the cards):
- Don't get they mad! We're all going to die!!
44. (Female) Woman 16:
- Not that thins... Ours!
45. (Female / Male - All the cards):
- ARE WE RECORDING!?