VISUAL ARTISTS: Please refer to this Background Visual Request List for the Little Dragon collab. CONTRIBUTE HERE
NOTE: We have broken down this Visual Request List into Numbered Scenes from THIS POEM. For each Numbered Scene below, we've suggested the Visual Elements and additional notes.
SCENE 1: ("Like a bird without wings...")
* Meadow with flowers
* Mountains in background
* Blue sky with fluffy clouds / sun
SCENE 2: ("He watches his sisters...")
* More meadows with trees
* One large tree with branches
NOTES: He could possibly fly into a tree branch as his sisters fly around the sky breathing fire. Russell hangs his head in shame.
SCENE 3: ("How he longs to take part...")
* Landscapes with Castle, hamlets and huts
* Burning trees? trees with no leaves
* Dark cloudy sky/ dark clouds, moon, stars
NOTES: This could be a night scene?
SCENE 4: ("He tried to be like them...")
* Blue sky / fluffy clouds
* Tree or bush which Russell hides behind
NOTES: Flashback to when he was young. Daytime again. His sisters could be practicing their fire breathing while Russell watches them from behind a bush and then he experiments with the petrol and matches... boom!
SCENE 5: ("Could he join with the birds...")
* Meadow with flowers
* Old stone bridge
* Blue sky / fluffy white clouds
* Bushes / shrubs
NOTES: When he ponders whether to live with birds or lizards. Russell cound come to rest on the bridge and look up at the birds, etc.
SCENE 6: ("Then he dreamed up a notion...")
* Old cottage
* Blue sky
* Grey clouds
SCENE 7: ("Although he would surely...")
* Interior of cottage
NOTES: We see Russell's dream about being accepted by the humans and living as a "hero of sorts."
SCENE 8: ("So he packed up his things...")
* Exterior of cave
* Blue sky/white fluffy clouds
* Trees (maybe cave backs on to a forest)
NOTES: Moves into cave, which is perhaps high on a hill or on a clifftop so he can watch the people in the village below.
SCENE 9: ("Soon the day came...")
* Quaint little village on fire
* Dark sky/ dark clouds
* Burnt landscape
SCENE 10: ("But none was forthcoming...")
* Quaint little village not on fire (street view / inside village)
* Burnt buildings / streets
NOTES: Village scene after fire. Russell chased through village.
SCENE 11: (Poor Russell, dejected...")
* Interior of cave (Russell's bedroom)
* Russell's Bed
NOTES: Russell sulking in cramped cave bedroom. Having spent six months in bed.
SCENE 12: (Then made a life building...")
* Interior of cave (like a glacier)
* Grays, light blues and shimmering whites (beautiful)
* Ice sculptures
NOTES: Russell walks out to larger cave full of ice sculptures. He sits and admires his work and looks satisfied.