VOICE OVER ARTISTS: Contribute Voice Over performances of both the Narrator & Girl from this script. CONTRIBUTE HERE
GETTING TO KNOW YOUR MOM!: AN EDUCATIONAL FILM
- Fade in to reveal a the title of our short, 'GETTING TO KNOW YOUR MOM.'
- Cross fade through different shots of moms holding and caring for their children.
NARRATOR: Mothers... It's been said that they know best. But what do we know about them? Who were they before they were 'Mom?' To answer that question, we'll have to go back before even you were born.
SALLY: Who me?
NARRATOR: That's right, Sally. It wasn't that long ago that your mom was your age.
SALLY: My Age?
NARRATOR: That’s right. But back then your mom wasn’t, well, your mom yet.
SALLY: Then, who was she?
NARRATOR: Well, she was just like you.
- SALLY looks doubtful.
NARRATOR: Here, let me show you.
- SALLY sits down and watches attentively.
NARRATOR (Cont.): You see, in her youth, your mom focused on things like friends...
- MOM (14) walks with her friends - laughing and talking.
NARRATOR (Cont.): Boys...
- She and her friends giggle as a few guys walk by.
NARRATOR (Cont.): ...And school.
- She sits in a library and reads a book, her large glasses prominent.
NARRATOR (Cont.): Remind you of anyone?
- SALLY gasps, takes off her own simmilar large glasses and hides them behind her back.
NARRATOR (Cont.): Don't believe me, huh?
- SALLY shakes her head, petulant.
NARRATOR (Cont.): Well gee, you have hopes don't ya?
NARRATOR: ...And dreams?
SALLY: Uh Huh (yes)
NARRATOR: Well so did your mom! (aside) Until you came along.
SALLY: (concerned) Wait. What?