The tattoo was no longer burnt looking. Instead it looked as if it had always been there, felt like it had always been there. On my wrist, the black and violent ink entwining and moulding to my veins. I looked at it with a sad smile while my vision became blurry and misty and my throat closed up in pain.
When I moved to touch the ink, it felt funny, strange. But nice in it's own way. When I touched it again - I felt him. That was all that mattered. That was all I needed.
The cursive black and violet lettering - which once looked elegant, ornate in the drab space of the tattoo parlour, now looked strangely beautiful on my veins. The lettering and the small violent pansy outlined in black were covered in red. Raw skin, blisters. The off-white bandage had lost its colouring, where my ink had leached through and turned it the shade of a shiner - a god-awful blue-black bruise. Mitch had told me to pull off the bandage in a couple of weeks, and now a couple of weeks was here and my tattoo was looking at me and I was gazing lovingly at it.
When I started to clean the area and sanitise it - the tears started to fall. With each hitch in my breath that made my arms move restlessly and my blood move in lazy, angry self-loathing circles, I remembered. The pansies he carefully, tenderly mended in the garden. The one he gave to me. His lopsided smile. His black eyes. Each whimsical memory, every fantastical event - made me cry, made me want to retch. I missed him. I needed him. I loved him.
And he wasn't coming back.
The process of getting the tattoo on my wrist initially, wasn't very...
EVERYONE: RECord entertaining, insightful & funny sound bytes (please make them only 5-10 seconds long) on camera answering the prompts below. CONTRIBUTE HERE
RE: THE NUMBER 2
“So the Number 2…. What about the Number 2?”
Record a sound bite about the NUMBER 2
Record a sound bite about COUPLEHOOD.
Record a sound bite about REFECTIONS OF YOURSELF or MIRROR IMAGES OF YOURSELF
Record a sound bite about COMING IN SECOND PLACE.
Quick thoughts or experiences about BEING SECOND TO SOMEONE ELSE
Record a sound bite about BEING A SECOND CHILD
Record a sound bite about SECOND CHANCES
“So school…. What about School?”
Record a sound bite about SCHOOL
Record a sound bite about LIVING UP TO OTHER PEOPLE'S EXPECTATIONS AT SCHOOL
Quick thoughts or advice about GOING TO COLLEGE
Record a sound bite SUMMING UP COLLEGE IN ONE SENTENCE
Record a sound bite about WHY YOU WOULD - OR WOULDN'T - RECOMMEND COLLEGE TO SOMEONE ELSE
Quick thoughts or stories about YOUR FAVORITE TEACHER OR FACULTY MEMBER (please include their name)
“So the dark…. What about the Dark?”
Give any quick thoughts about THE DARK
Record a sound bite about WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU GATHER AT NIGHT
Quick thoughts or ideas about CROSSING OVER TO THE DARK SIDE
Quick thoughts about GOOD VS. EVIL and LIGHT VS. DARK
Record a sound bite answering this question: IS DARKNESS EVER FUNNY?
“So Guns…. What about Guns?”
Record a sound bite about GUNS
Quick thoughts or advice about GUN TRAINING
Quick thoughts on the VIOLENCE & TRAGEDY THAT GUNS CREATE
Quick thoughts about GUN POLICY & GUN POLICY REFORM
Quick thoughts on GUN...
VISUAL ARTISTS & ILLUSTRATORS: Please refer to this Updated Visual Request List when contributing to our Little Dragon animation. CONTRIBUTE HERE
* Create Textile Sky (Clouds/Sun/Stars/Moon)
* Create Textile Distant Hills + Valleys
* Create Textile Meadows + Fields
* Create Textile Lizard Burrow (Int)
* Create Textile Mountains + Boulders
* Create Textile Hut (Int)
* Create Textile Bedroom(Int)
* Create Textile Cave (Ext)
* Create Textile Cave (Int)
* Create Textile Village (From Above)
* Create Textile Village (Street View)
* Create miscellaneous Textile backgrounds
* Create Arts&Crafts Birds
* Create Arts&Crafts Penguin
* Create Arts&Crafts Dog With No Bark
* Create Arts&Crafts Lizards
* Create Arts&Crafts Trees + Bushes
* Create Arts&Crafts Ice + Snow
* Create Arts&Crafts Village Houses + Buildings (Side View)
* Create Arts&Crafts Village Houses + Buildings (From Above)
* Create Arts&Crafts Birds Nest
* Create Arts&Crafts Wooden Table
* Create Arts&Crafts Crayons
* Create Arts&Crafts Parchment Scroll
* Create Arts&Crafts Stick + Kerchief
* Create Arts&Crafts ‘Russell’s things to pack’
* Create Arts&Crafts Russell’s Bed (in Hut)
* Create Arts&Crafts Russell’s Bed (in Cave)
* Create Arts&Crafts Flames
* Create Arts&Crafts Ice Cubes + Ice
* Create Arts&Crafts Ice Sculptures of Villagers
* Create Arts&Crafts Ice Sculptures of Russell
* Create Arts&Crafts Pitchforks + Villager Weapons
* Create miscellaneous Arts&Crafts props
* Illustrate/Sketch Scene Compositions based on THIS REFERENCE...
ILLUSTRATORS: Please refer to this Visual Request List when contributing your Visuals to the "Shakespeare Yo Momma" collab. CONTRIBUTE HERE
NOTE: Please refer to THIS REFERENCE MIX when contributing.
* William Shakespeare
* Brothers from 'Titus Andronicus' (Demetrious & Chiron)
* Mother's Lover from 'Titus Andronicus' (Aaron)
* 'Titus Andronicus' book
* Miscellaneous Character Props for the scene from 'Titus Andronicus'
* Miscellanous Historical Props
* Miscellaneous 16th Century / Historical Backgrounds
* Pages of 'Titus Andronicus' book
* Background for the scene from Titus Andronicus'
* Miscellaneous Backgrounds
* Text from 'Titus Andronicus' -
- Demetrious: "Villain, what hast thou done?"
- Aaron: "That which thou canst not undo."
- Chiron: "Thou hast undone our mother."
- Aaron: "Villain, I have done thy mother."
* 'Titus Andronicus' Book Title
These are some of the collaborations we're currently working together on. Wanna contribute?
314 ContributionsOct 29, 2014
1789 ContributionsOct 01, 2014
1211 ContributionsJun 12, 2014
104 ContributionsNov 25, 2014
3643 ContributionsOct 21, 2014
37 ContributionsNov 24, 2014
196 ContributionsOct 03, 2014
141 ContributionsNov 20, 2014
71 ContributionsNov 20, 2014
560 ContributionsAug 12, 2014
79 ContributionsJun 26, 2014
273 ContributionsSep 16, 2014
47 ContributionsNov 13, 2014
2373 ContributionsJun 25, 2014
125 ContributionsSep 19, 2014
713 ContributionsApr 21, 2014
99 ContributionsJul 23, 2014
122 ContributionsNov 04, 2014
77 ContributionsNov 04, 2014
36 ContributionsOct 27, 2014
227 ContributionsOct 17, 2014
164 ContributionsOct 14, 2014
116 ContributionsJul 09, 2014
107 ContributionsOct 28, 2014
485 ContributionsMay 28, 2014
Find a New Collaboration To Work On
If you have a specific set of skills and are looking for cool collaborations, check these out!
What are you good at?
- Most Recommended