I think the idea of the butterfly effect could make for a very interesting sketch in the episode RE: THE FUTURE, so I decided to record my thoughts about it
This is just a quick rant about the butterfly effect. Sorry for any awkwardness
- Based on the butterfly effect idea, I was thinking of something like a "choose your own adventure" kind of idea. Each of the three screens has the same person living the same day, but making different choices with different outcomes.
- This can also be made into a video game, where one decision might lead to a "game over" and that screen blacking out with static, etc.
- Another idea would be someone opening a fortune cookie and being offered to options. Each cookie the person reads gives a different set of options within the different screens leading to the next fortune cookie and set of decisions. (i.e. fortune cookie directions: choose the left path at the fork in the road or choose the right path at the fork in the road.)
- My last idea is that at some point all three screens see a different...
The True Butterfly Effect
by, Melissa R. Mendelson
We all make decisions. Every day. Most of them are minor, but there are those decisions that would forever change our lives. It's like facing three doors.
Door 1 leads to the future that you want.
Door 2 leads to the future that you do not want.
Door 3 is the worst offender for it's the Unknown, and we fear the Unknown because never we will know what is on the other side of that door until it opens. And once open, it will never close.
Frame 1: A man is walking with his shoelaces undone and stops to tie his shoes. As he’s tying he sees a black cat under a car. The cat is scrawny but friendly and rubs up against the man. The man picks him up and takes him home. Across town another family is searching for their lost cat. The owners are panicked and fearful harm has come to their beloved pet. A little girl is crying and the parents are driving around town looking for their cat. Meanwhile the feline is contently purring on the lap of his happy new owner.
Frame 2: A man is walking with his shoelaces untied and bends to tie them when he sees a black cat run pass him and into the arms of a little girl. As he gets up distracted he bumps into a beautiful woman. The couple is so attracted to each other they decide to get a drink...
WRITERS: Contribute Ideas, Scripts or Story Treatments RE: The Butterfly Effect.
- Contribute Ideas, Scripts or Story Treatments RE: The Butterfly Effect
- Contribute Visuals for this collab
- Contribute a Storyboard for this collab
- Make an Album of your favorite contributions for this collab