So, as requested, sound design for mrfelixding's awesome Fire Triangle v5. Animated from fantastic paper illustrations from Lea Z, including the amazing Fuel segment animated by DN0619 and the incredible lip animations from babylove. I'm sorry I haven't resourced fully because there are 40+ resources! Hopefully by resourcing Felix's animation it should carry forward.
So, all sounds recorded by me except a couple of fire sounds which were taken from a legitimately bought sound library.
Stems coming soon.
FIRE TRIANGLE SCORE
For this piece, we're suggesting a score that's simple and small in instrumentation, to match the style of the animation. A single piano (or other instrument) seems like a good way to go. As always though, we welcome your ideas if you want to try something with a bigger group of instruments. As a piano score though, I see it as something kinda like a Silent Movie piano score feeling; NOT meaning "old-timey"-sounding, but meaning "music which gives the piece some energy and fills the otherwise-empty sonic space, and also comments on the main points of action in a somewhat bold way". Like, there are a couple of areas where you could have some cheeky fun with it, and that would be awesome. It doesn't have to be funny throughout, tho. The idea here is that the film is imparting useful information, and we're not making fun of the information or the characters. But at the same time, the piece has a casual delivery, and the animation makes use of a bit of humor here and there too, so it's okay to have some fun with it.
Here are some thoughts to get you going…You're welcome to score however you like tho, of course : )
* 01:00:00:00-01:00:04:00 A short theme to bring us in.
* 01:00:08:00-01:00:15:21"Fire Triangle" reveal: Maybe your in-progress music STOPS here to accentuate it? Maybe it STARTS here?
* 01:00:20:19-01:00:29:21"Fire Triangle" explanation. Music can play through this scene, ending to take a pause on the wipe at :29:21.
* 01:00:32:05-01:00:40:18"Removing oxygen from the fire" segment. Melodrama on the 'fear' moment can work well here : )
* 01:00:40:18-01:00:44:20Maybe a good spot to take a rest from the music here(?)
* 01:00:44:20-01:00:57:25"Removing fuel" segment. Separate theme.
* 01:00:59:06-01:01:00:16"So this is the Fire Triangle"…A short flourish here?
* 01:01:00:16-01:01:12:15Dialogue with no music is probably just fine for the "thank you" section.
* 01:01:12:15-01:01:15:15A short bumper to take us out. Somehow related to what's come before, if possible.
Please contribute your work with the following files:
1) A mix of your score in a movie file with the picture and dialogue (if possible)
2) An audio mix of your score with no dialogue or SFX
2) Individual audio tracks so we can remix as necessary
3) MIDI tracks, if you're using MIDI. Please make sure your tracks include meter and tempo information, as well.
COMPOSERS: Create a Score for THIS ANIMATION.
NOTE: Read THESE NOTES when contributing to this collab.
- Compose a Score for this animation
- Make an album of your favorite contributions for this collab
- Draw Lea Z
- Draw Fire Inspector / Lea Z's dad
- Draw Fire Triangle
- Draw Fire
- Draw Heat
- Draw Fuel
- Draw Oxygen
- Draw Fire Fighters
- Draw the Fire Hose
- Draw the Skillet & Skillet Cover
- Draw Stove / Burner
- Draw the Bulldozer
- Draw Brush
- Draw the Kitchen
- Draw the Wild Land
- Draw Miscellaneous Elements
- Animate Visuals for this collab
- Match the Visuals & Animations with the Audio