(A few minor tweaks. Also cut one stanza at the start and added a new one at the end, taking into account some comments on the pervious version.)
Like a bird without wings
Or a dog with no bark
Life's tough for a dragon
Without a spark
While others breathe fire
With maddening ease
Poor Russell's best shot
Is a sad little wheeze
See, this odd-one-out
Is a breather of ice
And his being unusual
Comes at a price
He watches his sisters
Puff great plumes of flame
And hangs his malfunctioning
Head in shame
How he longs to take part
When they go out to raze
Hamlets, castles and huts
And set buildings ablaze
But he's not like the others
And never will be
So who then, thought Russell
to himself, was he?
Could he join with the birds
Since he knew how to fly?
Or live with the lizards
And give up the sky?
Or should he be something...
VISUAL ARTISTS: Please refer to this Background Visual Request List for the Little Dragon collab. CONTRIBUTE HERE
NOTE: We have broken down this Visual Request List into Numbered Scenes from THIS POEM. For each Numbered Scene below, we've suggested the Visual Elements and additional notes.
SCENE 1: ("Like a bird without wings...")
* Meadow with flowers
* Mountains in background
* Blue sky with fluffy clouds / sun
SCENE 2: ("He watches his sisters...")
* More meadows with trees
* One large tree with branches
NOTES: He could possibly fly into a tree branch as his sisters fly around the sky breathing fire. Russell hangs his head in shame.
SCENE 3: ("How he longs to take part...")
* Landscapes with Castle, hamlets and huts
* Burning trees? trees with no leaves
* Dark cloudy sky/ dark clouds,...
VISUAL ARTISTS: Please refer to This Visual Request List when contributing your Visuals for the Little Dragon collab. CONTRIBUTE HERE
NOTE: Please use THIS SCRIPT as a reference.
* Russell with Wings (Various Views / Angles / Poses)
* Young Russell (Various Views / Angles / Poses)
* Birds (Different Shapes & Sizes + One without Wings)
* Lizards (Different Shapes & Sizes)
* Other Dragons (Male & Female / Various Ages)
* Humans (Male & Female / Various Ages)
* Miscellaneous Characters
* Various Ice Sculptures
* Fire / Flames
* Petrol / Matches
* Miscellaneous Props
* Hamlets / Castles / Huts / Buildings
* Quaint Village
* Quaint Village on Fire
* Russell's Bed
* Backgrounds (Rolling Fields / Sky / Landscapes)
* Miscellaneous Settings
VOICEOVER ARTISTS: RECord yourself reading THIS POEM.
VISUAL ARTISTS: Create the Background Elements from THIS VISUAL REQUEST LIST.