VISUAL ARTISTS & ILLUSTRATORS: Please refer to this Updated Visual Request List when contributing to our Little Dragon animation. CONTRIBUTE HERE
* Create Textile Sky (Clouds/Sun/Stars/Moon)
* Create Textile Distant Hills + Valleys
* Create Textile Meadows + Fields
* Create Textile Lizard Burrow (Int)
* Create Textile Mountains + Boulders
* Create Textile Hut (Int)
* Create Textile Bedroom(Int)
* Create Textile Cave (Ext)
* Create Textile Cave (Int)
* Create Textile Village (From Above)
* Create Textile Village (Street View)
* Create miscellaneous Textile backgrounds
* Create Arts&Crafts Birds
* Create Arts&Crafts Penguin
* Create Arts&Crafts Dog With No Bark
* Create Arts&Crafts Lizards
* Create Arts&Crafts Trees + Bushes
* Create Arts&Crafts Ice + Snow
* Create Arts&Crafts Village Houses + Buildings (Side View)
* Create Arts&Crafts Village Houses + Buildings (From Above)
* Create Arts&Crafts Birds Nest
* Create Arts&Crafts Wooden Table
* Create Arts&Crafts Crayons
* Create Arts&Crafts Parchment Scroll
* Create Arts&Crafts Stick + Kerchief
* Create Arts&Crafts ‘Russell’s things to pack’
* Create Arts&Crafts Russell’s Bed (in Hut)
* Create Arts&Crafts Russell’s Bed (in Cave)
* Create Arts&Crafts Flames
* Create Arts&Crafts Ice Cubes + Ice
* Create Arts&Crafts Ice Sculptures of Villagers
* Create Arts&Crafts Ice Sculptures of Russell
* Create Arts&Crafts Pitchforks + Villager Weapons
* Create miscellaneous Arts&Crafts props
* Illustrate/Sketch Scene Compositions based on THIS REFERENCE...
(A few minor tweaks. Also cut one stanza at the start and added a new one at the end, taking into account some comments on the pervious version.)
Like a bird without wings
Or a dog with no bark
Life's tough for a dragon
Without a spark
While others breathe fire
With maddening ease
Poor Russell's best shot
Is a sad little wheeze
See, this odd-one-out
Is a breather of ice
And his being unusual
Comes at a price
He watches his sisters
Puff great plumes of flame
And hangs his malfunctioning
Head in shame
How he longs to take part
When they go out to raze
Hamlets, castles and huts
And set buildings ablaze
But he's not like the others
And never will be
So who then, thought Russell
to himself, was he?
Could he join with the birds
Since he knew how to fly?
Or live with the lizards
And give up the sky?
Or should he be something
Now there was a thought -
But what could he do?
Then he dreamed up a notion
That scared him a lot
But it was by far
The best answer he'd got
When his flame-breathing peers
Lit fires all about
This frosty-breathed fellow
Would put the fires out!
Although he would surely
Be cast from his kin
The humans he saved
Would no doubt take him in
Among them, he'd live
As a hero of sorts
Although not much alike
He hoped they'd be good sports
So he packed up his things
And set course for a cave
From whence he could watch out
For people to save
Very soon, the day came
That his help was required
A quaint little village
Had been set on fire
He huffed and he puffed
And he soon quenched the flames
Then awaited the gratitude
Glory and fame
But none was forthcoming
In fact, he was shocked
To be dodging their arrows
This turned out a TON better than I thought it would!!
I mean...Russell is just a photo of an amazing plushie that Sinnamin made, so I wasn't sure how much action we could get from that!! He may have a funny, short-legged little run, but he got away folks!! :D ...Man I love this little dragon!
So...the remix files included here have the run and jump sequences (a couple versions) so you can scale and clip them together however you want. Should give a lot of flexibility for creating scenes.
Again I used the "flying basic" clip to have him takeoff at the end. AND...I didn't even use the "TAKEOFF" sequence...I just rotated Russell's run sequence at the end and mashed it up against the basic flight! I think that turned out a lot smoother even.
I will upload the arrow and the rocks later...it's very late here and I need to get to bed! I may be in trouble tomorrow! RUSSELL!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
This is just a quick example of the possible use for the files I'm uploading.
You'll get Russell in a great walking loop and a separate little "takeoff" movement.
When you want him to land...just reverse the takeoff frames and voila...he's landing!
It's a bit choppy in the transition of his landing here...but again I wasn't fine-tuning anything. Before final render for the show, it'll be all smooth and lovely! ;)
I also used the flying sequence that I already uploaded HERE: http://www.hitrecord.org/records/1710700
*** HERE IS THE UPDATED HI-RES FLYING SEQUENCE: http://www.hitrecord.org/records/1712049
OH...ps...I went ahead and did the sequences in a higher res...so you'll most likely need to import the frames, then scale Russell down a bit! I just wanted to be sure we get MAX beauty out of him! I may re-do the flight one as it's not the same hi-res size.
The background here is just for example...when you download the REMIX file you will get a slow and fast version of Russell flying that you can use right away in your comp!
*** HERE IS THE UPDATED HI-RES FLYING SEQUENCE: http://www.hitrecord.org/records/1712049 ***
Ok so here's my plan:
I'll animate various Russell actions into .png sequences so you can adjust individual frames, and/or just drop the sequence into your backgrounds! I'm working out plenty of different runs, jumps, ducking etc...so get ready to train a dragon! :D
VISUAL ARTISTS: Create Props & Backgrounds out of Arts & Crafts material. Check out THIS VISUAL REQUEST LIST as a reference.
ILLUSTRATORS: Sketch the backgrounds & scene composition using THIS ANIMATIC as a reference.