KIDS: Perform a Voice Over performance for this Cuckoo Bird Script. CONTRIBUTE HERE
Cuckoo bird moms are very very tricky!
She lays her egg and puts it into another mama bird’s nest.
Sometimes the cuckoo bird mom’s egg looks just like the other bird’s egg. It can be the same color, size, and shape!
Other times the cuckoo bird's egg can look very different from the new mama bird's egg. But the new mama bird usually does not notice!
The new mama bird sits on the cuckoo bird egg to keep it warm.
The mom cares for the cuckoo bird baby like it is her own baby. She thinks it is her own baby. The cuckoo bird egg hatches faster than the other eggs in the nest.
The baby cuckoo bird pushes the other eggs out of the nest so that it can get all of the food from the new mama bird.
The baby cuckoo...
KIDS: Perform a Voice Over performance for this Platypus Script. CONTRIBUTE HERE
The duck billed platypus is a very funny animal.
A duck billed platypus mom lays two eggs.
This is very strange because she is not a bird.
The duck billed platypus is a mammal, and mammals do not normally lay eggs. But the duck billed platypus does!
After the duck billed platypus mom lays her eggs, she sits on them for 10 days.
The platypus babies are blind and hairless when they hatch from their eggs. They are really ugly and funny looking!
Platypus moms don’t have nipples.
In order to eat, the platypus babies push against the mom’s chest and lick the milk off of her skin and hair!
The platypus babies will eat like this for 4 months! They get a lot cuter because they grow hair and also start to see.
KIDS: Perform a Voice Over performance for this Octopus Script. CONTRIBUTE HERE
Octopus moms lay thousands of eggs in the ocean.
She can lay up to 250,000 eggs and it takes a long time.
Sometimes it takes many months before she is finished.
The octopus mom puts the eggs on the walls of her den.
The eggs look like a bunch of grapes on a long chord!
It takes the eggs up to 6 months to hatch.
The octopus mom brushes the eggs with her arms to keep them clean. She does not want green algae to grow all over them!
She also wants to protect her eggs from other fish and sea creatures who might eat them.
The octopus mom never stops brushing and caring for her eggs. She doesn’t even stop to eat!
She gets very weak and tired because she is always caring for her eggs.
The octopus mom uses her last energy...
KIDS: Perform a Voice Over reading for THESE SCRIPTS.
NOTE: Please use THIS VOICE OVER as a reference.
- KIDS: Perform a Voice Over for the PLATYPUS script
- Perform a Voice Over for the OCTOPUS script
- Perform a Voice Over for the CUCKOO BIRD scriot
- Create Visuals for the PLATYPUS
- Create Visuals for the OCTOPUS
- Create Visuals for the CUCKOO BIRD
- Create Visuals for the SEAHORSE
- Create Visuals for the CICLID FISH
- Create Visuals for the BLACK LACE SPIDER
- Create Visuals for the STRAWBERRY POISON ARROW FROG
- Contribute an Album of your favorite Moms In Nature contributions
- Write a Script for the SEAHORSE
- Write a Script for the OCTOPUS
- Write a Script for the CICHLID FISH
- Write a Script for the PLATYPUS
- Contribute an example of a Mom In Nature and how they specifically care for their Kids