The reREC I wrote this morning for 4.3.-4.10.11, right before work, failed to upload. @$!# Of course I didn't save the material this one time... but joy of joys, I came home to see one of the tunes I was writing to featured (amferraro's hevn told urth)!! *dances with joy*
So, here's my rather epic list. My apologies-- I have had... a series of unprofessional days. I don't have time to make this short. It also seems I am pretty happy with the content of other people's reRECs, as I have/had many of the same RECords on my roster. However, I'll toss mine in to add to the general stewing pot of "please REmix these."
1. Gills are Collapsing by troysimpson. Hanz Zimmer meets The Terminator!
2. Our Mausoleum (Accordian/Mandolin) by Madrond101. Ahhh. The accordian.
3. estrella by vemonster. Little ooohs.
4. Robo Trip by mikeregannoise.
5. reds and yellows by amferraro. RedHeadMonster wrote some lovely lyrics to the tune, as well. More lyrics, more! Or... more unfinished pieces, more!
6. Ravens (23 by Albert REmixed) by Metaphorest. Hopping onto the band wagon, Metaphorest sang her heart out (once again) where, despite lots of views and hearts, not many have dared to play. Who wants to be in Albert's band? Come on. It'll be fun!
7. BATTLEstars by MattConley. Holy Craaap, the current culmination of the general insanity! lava_tornado started it all last week with feet first. Early this week, rayperez offered a most welcome comic relief/ode to lava_tornado REmix with a Spanish/English rap on The Prize (is it wrong of me to wish the whole thing was in Spanish?). lava_tornado made a sneak attack, charmingly incoherent, reply with tks12knw1. Meanwhile...
todd68976 showed us how he's got the explicit skillz on how to (w)rap (that the folks Behind the Mixing Desk had a slight problem with), then Babbish cocked an attitude & tossed down the gauntlet of Battlin Beats. Mr. MattConley, not afraid of a little rhythm & rhyme, picked it up, chopped it up, rapped back some sass & split my sides in half-- with a raygun sound effect to make it badass. Heh. Haven't had this much ridiculous fun around here for a while. You guys are seriously awesome!
1.Beach Sunrise by Sparra. Everybody needs a beach.
2. Blot(heart)Beat Romance by magdalena. I'm saving this one for next Valentine's Day. Soooo much sweetness in 8 seconds!
3. The animation of hevn & urth by Niki. Plenty of hearts & views, but I love this so much. If not used for the creation myth, I dearly hope it's used for something else.
1. If I promise not to torture anyone with the sound of my voice again, will someone pleeeease consider editing Dancing Tree by sfdetroiter so that it can be standing/touching gwy's Cernunnos/Urth somehow? I really like vgitter's illuminated rendition of the stag, too. This is so clearly a dance of joy, and the tree is budding! Sounds like creation, to me. Ooooh, hey... can the dancing tree be illuminated??
2. SPLAT by tripinmidair. I like the colors & texture. Good for backgrounds & manipulation-y stuff.
3. Sakura by superkuma. Lots of views & hearts, and I'd love to have it be used for more things.
4. Songs and Fires & Walking Away by Danah. Dang! and Double Dang! I love the work that's coming out of you!
5. Rushing Calm & Woodlake Nature Center by SkittleSkitzo. Here's a fellow MinneSnowTan who happens to have captured the spirit of two places I love to visit (and never take pictures of-- what is with that?). Welcome, and here's to creating like crazy!
1. Hinder (now with part II) by Robo_j. I would love to have somebody compose music to these, and to sing. Anybody?
2. Malicious by Edward Shallow. You know how someone tries to stab you with a knife, but the stupid-arsed blade breaks off mid-air & just when you think that you're safe, the blow that they deliver with fist & handle of said rogue flying blade still wounds you like you'd never thought possible? Yeah, it's like that.
3. I looked at the sky text by Albert. Albert did his own reading of it (he does want some help with this one), but in my head, I clearly heard amferraro REediting & singing this. I'm on a bit of a kick, can you tell?
4. an our after by say.today. At first I thought that the title was spelled wrong, but after reading this tragic little piece, I realized that it was not. There's more story here... I can almost write it (but not today, it's an early day tomorrow).
5. Yet You Love Wide Angle Shots by LeBellnconnu. Rage and grief, neatly rolled into one rollercoaster piece. There are some lines in here that would make a fantastically depressing/uplifting chorus for a tune. A base for some photos is another idea. Film? Hmmm.
6. My brain-scrambler for the week: Destruction Myth- Tiny Story by Metaphorest. Whaaaaat? I knew exactly what she meant... but some species of cockroaches have wings. They are also highly sociable critters, and have gone through fascinating evolutionary changes. Anyway... fractaldust also made a visual REmix with impact, without the text, to go with this: the nuclear future. Love it. Should heart it. Drat, missed another one :(
So, that's not it, but that's it for me. Cheers & Happy RECording!
Please contribute your Album of RE-RECommends for the week of 4/10 here.