So I've had these thoughts and a tune playing around in my head that I simply have not had the time yet to formulate and shape up, even though I've wanted to. But on tumblr someone posted something about BURNING dAN, and even though I had no idea what hitrecord was when he passed, really, he was part of what sparked these thoughts and gave me some of these ideas. He continues to "burn on" and inspire the people here at hitrecord and in other places. Anyways I figured I might as well start up a collab, because this is a collaborative effort.
Basically, I've been thinking a bit about death lately (in a totally normal non-creepy, non-suicidal way) and the concept of hearts. They're important here on hitrecord. They run the blood through our bodies. They represent love. There are some fantastic people I've known in my life, and people that I haven't known that inspired, and continue to inspire me even after they're gone. They stay in your memories. I think in one of his many records, RegularJOE mentioned something about hitrecord being a way to...make a mark, or to be around later, a sign that he was here (extreme paraphrasing, it was one of those concepts, I have no clue where that record is) and really, the things that people do in their life, whether a few or many people remember them, they sitll live on in a way.
So anyways I had this melody for a song, and snippets of lyrics, the main one being "...heart keeps beating on" and it's really grabbed me. I really am not super great at developing lyrics, and I know there's some brilliant people on this site, and I figure this can turn into a pretty awesome collab. Of course people can contribute anything/do whatever, (because that's what hitrecord is all about) but I'd really love lyrics and such for now. And then maybe later we can start pulling together a song or something. Perhaps even a video later on.
Ideas that can be explored during these lyrics (definitely not limited to or have to use all of these, just throwing them out there):
- leaving a mark on the world
- thoughts on mortality
- hearts beating on, in a literal sense (ie organ donation)
- Hearts on hitrecord
- Through the hearts of others, through the hearts of people you've touched/inspired...or re-incarnation if you're into that sort of thing
- Through causes, things that people have done/contributed to
- that really, it doesn't matter what happens to the body, whether or not it becomes worm food, or gets burned, or its just a shell that doesn't matter once you're gone...whatever, what's important is that your spirit/memory/what have you stays or lives on.
- those that are gone whose hearts keep beating on.
Going to apologize for all my rambling, but I would love to see where this goes. <3