An illustration from a personal series re-creating some of the Grimmest of the Grimm fairytales. The story "Fitcher's Bird" certainly belongs on the list.
This is a collaboration for the lover's of all the dark and twisted tales from brilliant minds like the Brother's Grimm, Hans Christian Anderson, Charles Pirrault, Poe and for the lover's of illustrators like Aubrey Beardsley and Harry Clarke---let's add to that rich history of creation.
Submit all things fairytale! All things with that classical bite that keeps readers engaged for centuries.
Suggestions of additions to this collaboration:
1. Illustrations from favorite tales (dont forget to explain which story you pulled from)
2. Re-written fairytales
3. brand new stories!
4. animations pulling characters together from different stories
5. poetry about intriguing characters
6. Songs rectifying the gross sexist/racist/bizarre undertones from the truly old tales
7. Pages from a self-created graphic novel (think Neil Gaiman with Sandman)
As long as it has something to do with a fairytale, contribute here!