well hello friends! let us make things avant-garde style.
some avant garde composers' that inspire me are charles ives and his individualistic approach, john cage's indeterminacy and chance compositions, edvard varese's poeme electroniqu and steve reich's repetition and phasing. what inspires you?
let's make avant-garde pieces that contains mixed emotions, tell stories and deliver messages both with sound & sight.
REQUEST BOARD: please let me know if you want me to add something to the request board for a piece you may be working on and i would be delighted to help spread the word in this collab and via social media.
- NEW REQUEST!!! iPad only creations (the gorillaz recently came out with their album, "the fall" which was created entirely on the iPad. apparently keys apps that contributed were the following: Speak It! - SoundyThingie - Mugician - Solo Synth - Synth - Funk Box - Gliss - AmpliTube - Xenon - iElectribe - BS-16i - M3000 HD)
- let's discuss theme ideas, messages with meaning
- repeating and/or phased compositions
- repeating audio messages
- random sound bites
- light video experiments
- extended video clips of scenery/life/moments
- abstract video experiments
- plug-in and/or music creation software suggestions
- RECommendations of RECords that would be fitting, that way i can go out and REquest that they be contributed to the collab.
- inspirational links
- & whatever else comes to mind!
JUST FOR FUN
here are some reference links that have inspired me:
these last three links are animation videos created by the music animation machine.
what inspires you?
thanks for inspiring&creating