Good afternoon/evening. It's been a beautiful Sunday in my neck of the woods. I've pared down my listie, but it's still hefty ("And this is something new?" comes the cheeky rejoinder from the peanut gallery).
This week was a challenge for me: I experimented with not giving hearts. Initially, I did this to help cut back on "Dashboard Crash" for other folks. Well, El Crappio. Like that's ever worked before! I'm still hunting for hundreds of RECords I really liked, Way Back When, that I didn't heart, and didn't keep track of. Ooof.
So, I'm thinking that I'd really much rather give a heart and hope that folks forgive/appreciate/ignore my enthusiasm. I haven't trained myself to pre-REQ my RECs, yet. I'll get there, promise! Anyway~ I've been awake for a very long time, so here goes my crispy brainpan...
This week's reRECs include:
1. FERAL by tonguecutsparrow. FERAL- Rowr! The punchy movie projector in my head really wanted to smoosh scenes of a man (or woman) with a strong face & a powerful stride, zombies, and a gratuitous shot or three of exploding stuff together. And maybe toss in a wolf or piranha, because I thought tcs said "animal," until I read the lyrics.
2. My Love Ain't Coming Home No More [REmix] by Robo_J. The rolling drum loops & distorted vox got my attention, right away. There are some sinuous stretches of music that I thought might be perfect for cutting & using for something else entirely, too.
3. Wild Horses by Babbish. I am so sad that this is just under a minute long. I was ready to keep on stomping along & singing, honky-tonk-blues-bar style! Love the vocal style & "time honored" lyrics.
4. How to Taste the Rain: Reading by chigwinkle. I'm very happy that there's reading for this, yay! For the sound biters: there's a couple of random chigwinkle "comments/noises to self" that I thought were pretty amusing, too.
5. Shootin' at Dogs by danno7. A sheer cacophony of noise that actually works & is quite amusing, I thought. Time for the front porch, a faithful critter & an ice cold something. I REdiscovered this while trying to hunt down something else.
1. rain on water by janetfelts. Older, simple footage of its namesake, taken close to dark (I'm guessing). The stills from this could make a deep, "dark" backdrop.
2. After the Harvest by bloemday. This made me say pretty much what everyone else said: "This is beautiful!" bloemday took a fine assortment of other RECords to begin with, and took painstaking care to piece this together in a very peaceful, moving way. It really kept my spirits uplifted for the duration of the video.
3. The ants and the Bee by jestferlaffs. Oh, there is always something bittersweet about nature taking its course. Could this be used as a tiny story/tiny film, if it was given a story & a VO? Hmmm :)
4. Drunken Turnip Man Reading by thesherbethead. I like the entire bit, but I was sent into gales of laughter at about 6:48 & onward: "and his head got squished... like a rhino sitting on an elephant" (whoah!). At around 8:11, there's a bit about crashing a car-- OK, so I'm one of the worst sober drivers that I know, and I was laughing so hard that I couldn't laugh any more. Great stuff.
1. piece of string from you to me by mirtle. I think I could gleefully heart everything mirtle has made. I love how something so simple could be given a wealth of meaning. Color? Background? Story?
2. Firestarter by quillons. I like the effect/look all by itself, but I think it could serve as an inspiration for other RECords, if it's not directly REmixed (i.e., in Photoshop).
3. cheeks! by wirrow. Oh! This is just an adorable little drawing, is it not? Maybe it would take away from the effect of the original in a horrible fashion, but if I could I would: remove the speech bubble but keep the words & font & move it... uhm, elsewhere, and give the two little sweeties balloons or cotton candy or ice cream cones or such. The balloons might have smoochie faces, even. Ahhh, summertime love ♥
1. Solomon by riana6. I think I said "Hol-y Hannah!" after I read this. My interpretation is not wanting to forget the experience of a lusty foray. Weee! While this might be a subject "sensitive for some viewers," I love the idea of piecing together audio/video/VO clips to give it flesh.
2. Bone gardener by hardwired. What?! Such a clever, clever little story. I could have sworn that something was REmixed as a Result of this, but I don't see it listed. And don't get me started on singing a certain garden song while visualizing animated doodles of this story going on in the background...
3. Tiny Story- Tequila Mockingbird by casvellon. This one elicited a deep chuckle from me, play-on/pun lover that I am.
4. The End Dilemma by Silent Warrior. Never mind, the End is not Nigh, after all!
5. Free Creating Programs! by gweninterrupted. Other folks have reREC'd this, and I'm going to count myself in. Sometimes there is such a keen frustration of wanting so much to be able to learn how to do something, but not knowing where to start (or how to be able to afford what you want). This is a good start, plus it's free to dabble & conquer.
1. HitRECord Mugshots by Issaness. Oh gad, what a fiendishly fun idea! The REcords REleased thus far have tons of REmixing potential within the Collab itself, as well as for "outside" use.
From the Featured RECords:
I was idly wondering if trying to find some of these might be a lengthy chore someday, no matter how much loooove they got at the time. So, this is my new spot for a few Featured RECords that I think folks might appreciate, if they happen to crash into one of my reRECs:
1. S.W.A.T Short Film by SoySawceInc.
2. Sleep Contrast (Illustration) by Susan0987. I want this 'coon on a shirt, and I want to color it in! Also, about a gazillion hugs & hearties to Susan for drawing wonderful Greek Stuff (illustrations) for the Greek Stories Collab.
3. The Element of Surprise by rejjie. I wonder what game the elements would be playing at that table?
By Golly, Great Minds Think Alike!
ReREC'ing a reREC album might seem a bit odd, but I'm going to give it a try, too. Some RECords that I adore won't be found here, as other folks (who are much faster than me)already reREC'd the vast majority of what I would have otherwise included, at the time of this typing (thus enabling me to reREC other stuff):
1. Ryan Patrick's reREc from 6.26.11.
2. Belcath1981's reREC from 6.26.11.
3. themetafictionist's reREC from 6.26.11.
So Holy Crap, I've been typing forever & your eyes might need a good blinking. That's not all, but that's all for me.
Cheers & Happy RECording! ♥
Under expert hands
blooms of red swell like sprouting flowers
to burst apart in ragged strands of trickling crimson
dark against sharp shiny steel
warm on the skin
i keep reliving the moment when you gave up,
"when a human has insomnia, they will lay awake all night watching infomercials. when a raccoon has insomnia, it will go and catch a matinee."
OK, first time I tried to draw an insomniac raccoon... I guess it would look even more matinee-like if the seats were red. Maybe someone could help me to remix this a little. I've still got the feeling it isn't finished yet.
Alternate Turnip Man reading. Improvising for nearly 10 minutes long, but I think it's worth it.
here among the angels i found you
tattered and torn like all the rest
what seemed like days past within an hour
caught between your demons and your guilt
i know you tried…
i forgot how much it hurt to leave
but i know it's for the best
i know you tried…
i'm just an atom bomb
waiting to detonate
Loved Kyra Blue's poem about : ' how beautiful nature is and how after it's gone, the heart does mourn' Kyra.
This REmix features four drum loops made by GwenInterrupted, which were themselves sampled from RECords. Vocal is a REmix of my accapella RECord.
REmix production, arrangement, guitar, bass, keys and voice: me
*This is a Stereo RECording*
Always make sure to read computer system requirements before downloading, and if you're worried about viruses you may opt not to try these. But if you do, good luck to you and i hope these are o...
Messing around with animating the character designed by AliPow3rs. Not the best animation skills seeings how this is my first real attempt at making an animation but I have some ideas for short clips to start off with. I'll record these later so others can have a whack at it!
On the road again. Please let me know if I forgot to resource your record. I had a lot this week. :)