Some days I want to be Binary Code and have all at my synaptic tips! I may have to truncate deScriptions in favor of simply posting this before I go to work...
I initially missed a lot of incredible RECords this week, so a huge Thank You to the folks who did/are doing reRECs & digging up old treasures :o) Last year around this time, I was working too much and was quite ill, so I didn't "get out" much. This year I'm 100% better, and I'm really excited to be getting out & about-- summertime offers so many things to experience, where I live-- so I'm trading a bit of a loss for a gain, right now.
Anyway! This week's reRECs include:
Heavy on the audio this week!
1. Road 714 by AboutGeorgia. Oh man, what a REmix! "Ice cubes sliding down skin on a hot & humid day" is what I thought when I first heard this. It's a song for the sassy, sweaty goodness that is summer, in my neck of the woods :D
I had a video in my head the entire time, and it seems as though this could be perfect for using any older or upcoming *ahem* footage of travel by car/truck, especially on dusty or barren back roads.
2. sunlight peeks through by megancarnes. More instruments, maybe some lyrics & vocals would be awesome. I also had a rolling film of the US's east coastlines in my head, and I have no idea why.
3. The Atom Song (Remix) by PASIV. There is so much emotion here, stripped down to two instruments (string bass & Metaphorest's voice). I immediately thought of sBo's "The Last Radio Station in the World" Collab, though I have no idea why (yet again-- I just fly by the seat of my emotional pants, what can I say?).
4. Tribute to the Regency (Piano) by Madrond101. Oh, so damned sad. It made me think of ballet dancers & off-duty acrobats, for whatever reason.
5. Midnight by fleurdelys. Gad, I could really tell that she took everything she had & put it into this piece. Made for split-second images, as well as listening to for writing inspiration.
6. Summer Hobby (a tiny tune) by eaneikciv. Oooh, this is just so charming. I vote for a Tiny Film for this, somehow.
7. The Tailor and the Seamstress (Robo_J Remix) by Robo_J. You know how you become giddy when you hear a REmix that just sounds... right? Yep, that would have been this one. I was wishing that this could inspire someone to take new footage for us to work with, sometime down the line. It's a sassy, naughty little tune... hmmm, did someone say cake?
1. Water by TaraMarie. I think I loved the tension the most. *spoiler alert* His head didn't go all the way under, aaugh! I was thwarted out of my expected ending, in a really good way. Disturbing & beautifully shot, it's "my" kind of creepy.
2. The Beautiful Island of Long (Re: Cities). by JulesKD. Simply put: this is what I'm talking about when I beg for glimpses of footage/images of where you all live. I had no idea that the Island was so diverse, topographically. It hadn't occurred to me to be interested in this part of the country, to tell you true. Now... I shall not want to part this earth without visiting Long Island.
I figured a lot of footage could be REmixed, in one way or another.
1. Dark Alley Montreal by sfdetroiter. Just a slight alteration of light...
2. Fish Bones by crane_crafter. All I could smell was ocean and fresh water (and lemons, come to think of it), while looking at this. There is a story here, but I can't quite capture it. There is some song about things that once nurtured, that are now long lost, somewhere in here.
3. Leaving with the Sun by djnamelis. A backdrop for something, at the very least. I love the colors more than you could know. I heard music, but until someone comes up with a device that plugs into my brain, I will just say that it sounded a lot like Bach & Paganini.
1. Into Midnight by smweed. (left blank so that you'll really want to go read this)
2. What if... by themetafictionist. hee! Contributed to the "What If..." Collab started by LilacAmy11, she wrote a fun bunch of "hmmm, I wonder..." brain fodder bits. They're kinda like a Tiny Story, only... different! :o) There are some real doozies in the Collab, and are so meant for people who like to sketch/paint-- especially with a wry twist of humor involved.
3. Love Never Dies (a somewhat silly poem) by sfdetroiter. I'm reREC'ing a couple of her things, this week. I like the emotional tug of this poem very much. My first response was to REmix it into a longer story, then add music & images.
Of the Featured:
1. Beat 714 by Robo_J. A most excellent base for building up/stripping down, etc. The Poppa for many good things to come, this groove made me start moving before I knew what was happening.
Now I must run along to work... So, this isn't all, but it's all for me.
Cheers & Happy RECording! ♥
OK, if "Waiting on the Curb" was a little whittled toy spinning-top, this is an artist's sculpture of such a toy. (I really don't know when to let go of a metaphor, do I?) This one was in on...
Would anyone care to take a 4 minute walk around the Beautiful Island of Long? :) I wish I could record for you the way it smells here (honeysuckle, pine and salt water.) Wish I could record the breezes and and fresh berries off the vine and the chill of the first step into the ocean in June.
Anyway, I just wanted to share this with you all. ^_^
Also, I used Todd's music in here because not only do I love the words (and I feel the same way about where I live,) but I love the way he did the song. :)
P.S. For the hidden story of Long Island, time travel, murder, and intrigue: http://www.hitrecord.org/records/381704 ^_^
It's been a while since I've written a song with just piano, so it's about that time. This piece makes me think of a Jane Austen novel, which is where it got it's name.
REmixed and added bass, piano and maracas to Sarah's guitar/vox [REmixed thanks to her audio stems] and added a little coda at the end too.
feel free to take this and add to it. if you need stems, just holler
hope you like.
A sort of new take on the awesome song wirrow came up with (apologies for ruining your song) using just a string bass. Metaphorest's voice is great for the nice piano version megancarnes made and I just decided to play with it a little. Do check the other versions first...
The original version by wirrow: http://hitrecord.org/records/73840
Megancarnes solo piano version: http://hitrecord.org/records/430564
Metaphorest singing along with the piano: http://hitrecord.org/records/441586
Things have been difficult for me, lately....So I tried to put all my stress and fear into a song wich is a real challenge and that's what I came up with. Thanks again<3
i thought thedustdancestoo's "summer hobby" tiny story was adorable, so i wrote this short little tune to sing while i'm outside catching fireflies with my little girl :) once again, i was too lazy to do anything but record this on my ipad, so if anyone wants to use it for something, let me know and i'll try to record a better version.
while working on a REmix of "the prize," i got this riff in my head. so i put prize on hold and worked on this.
sampled a bit of Lava Tornado and another tasy find from GwenInterrupted's trusty loop collection.
Guitar, Bass, Arrangement ~ meeeee
rather than sit around with it, i'm sharing it in its "rough draft" state. or whatever.
i'd love to get someone doing a nice hip hop flow to it. or something of that nature.
this is why i hit RECord.
This RECord can now be heard on the HitRECorderly #3 Vinyl (released Summer 2012) as "Diamond in the Rough"
check it out here:
just started playing around on the piano and this is what came out :)