A verrrrry long preamble, here. Sorry, sorry.
Aack, I'm late (again!). The next six weeks to six months may very well be the same, as I'm back to working all days/week, plus I'm beginning a right-proper midlife crisis a year or so early. I'm getting rid of 99% of my belongings, and will be traveling to England & Scotland for the sole purposes of:
1. Putting aside my well-hidden, energy-draining, horrible shyness to meet people & listen to their stories (and RECord them, if able to).
2. Visiting art museums.
3. Getting out of my own corner of the Universe (and my own skull) for at least 21 days.
I will then (sadly and grudgingly) return to The States to look for a new place to live/work. Holy Shitte. I have wanted to do something similar to this my entire adult life, but never adventured quite far enough. Fear consumed me. I am slowly but surely letting it go, with kindness & a lot of love. It sounds completely ridiculous, but being part of the hitRECord community has helped make this happen. Thank You <3
OK! Less maudlin, shall we? :D
This week's reRECs include:
1. Robo_j. I have been spun dizzy-giddy, listening to all that he has REleased this week, so I am subsequently too gloriously discombobulated to choose just one or three or five pieces. So, I am RECommending The Man (as depicted by the awesome sketch of Robo_j by sparra, actually).
2. Kissed by Krrr. I'm listening to this right now, and my brainpan has shifted to somewhere calm and productive. I love how that tends to work for me :D
3. Take Me Away by ChaneleyWelley. Oh my goodness, smokey tunes for a friend-filled room...
4. Steel Worker BeatnStem by theboxsets.
5a. Midnight boogie blues- with trumpet by MeTal_PoU. 5b. The Midnight Blues by Braun22.
6. Gardians by kamPAIGN.
Y'know, witnessing how some of these RECords progress and profoundly affect/inspire people, someday (somehow) I hope that hitRECord can (magically) gather together its various hitRECorders just for a few (or a hundred) effing amazing shows, that aren't as closely centered around RegularJOE as previous ones have been (and absolutely no umbrage/offense/rudeness/ungrateful brattiness meant by that!). Just think: Tiny Story films on a big screen, music on one stage, readings on another stage, an art faire... jaysus, I guess I really want an all-season hitRECord-palooza! :D Ahhh, my utterly impossible, hare-brained ideas. I love them so much.
1. Aegean Sea/waves- raw'ish footage by red840.
2. Carrousel (RAW FOOTAGE) by filmpunk.
3. Balloon Singing by crane_crafter. I don't know her (adorable!!) children, but after seeing this, I am "someday wishing" for a compilation of kiddie-esque lullabies/songs/videos (well, why not?) for kids to watch/sing along to. They might just be our future hitRECorders, after all :D
1. Mrs. W. Supertramp and daughter- 1866 by Charles T. Supertramp.
2. He came down from his dwelling in the mountains one day only to find a place he did not understand by mirtle. I heart, I heart! An enthusiastic, squawky "aaahhhhh!" was uttered when I read the title (and the drawing was cute, too). I love it when a title makes folks like myself want to knock everything down in haste to get to a preferred medium of artistic expression, to continue the story :o)
1. He came down from his dwelling... A characteristically snappy, dry-humor-infused writing by ruffedges, to go along with mirtle's drawing.
2. Sea Legs- a (short) poem by blbest. I felt like I was inside this poem. Can't describe it any other way, at the moment. I might as well have been written in there, somewhere. It's a beautiful piece of writing that inspired a drawing by mirtle. You see why I cannot help but to love this place?
3. The Collector by janetfelts. This is one of my favorite contributions to smweed's Insides Out Collab. We also happen to have about a gazillion drawings/photos/video clips that could be rustled up to REmix it into something even more beautiful.
1. Insides Out by smweed. Oh gad, what serious fun! There's some interesting tidbits lurking about in here, too. Take another "look" at your fellow hitRECorders...
2. Tea with Death (Round Robin) by chariot13. I love the idea, and I love the progression, thus far. Individual pieces can also be REmixed into other RECords...
From the Featured:
1. Strawberry Bootlaces (underscored) by ozie. What a crazy, well-deserved stir :o)
2. I fell deeply in love with marielv's Simple. Tiny Story. Animation when it was first REleased. I am SO glad that more people have been able to experience her work. Using tonguecutsparrow's piece of music was one of the smartest choices that could have been made, in my humble little opinion... I have always wondered how this could be expanded--where else this could go-- as brilliant as it currently is.
So, that's not all, but that's all for me. Apologies for not commenting on all of these-- I fell out of sync with time!
Cheers & Happy RECording
Thank you RichieMillennium for the wonderful VO! So I have got a chance to do this animation. Tiny story by wirrow, one of my favorite. I love the drawing, so tried to make animation look familiar.Well... I actually didn't want to use music, just sounds. Then discovered tonguecutsparrow's "The Welcome Party at the Gates of Hell" - love all that strange mystic sounds. Its like ost of Lynch's "Eraserhead". And this is my first animation in 2011 :)
I will later upload sound of footsteps I used here, in case anyone will ever need it. It actually not footsteps at all, it's "handmade" sound.
A bit of a departure from what I normally do. Instrumental track to a house remix I did. Fun with synth programming!
The first time I hung out with Rj I took some video of us (myself, him and Haus of Glitch) all going to eat at In and Out. I paused the video and sketched this.
"take me away
forget the day
I want to fly.
come, spread your wings
leave it behind.
This is a track I made and a song I have been working on for a while but I just dont have the rest of. Please feel free to fill in the empty spaces.
A basic midi instrument hip hop beat with a summery vibe. Plays out initially with all parts dancing together and then all of the stems are broken down for remixing.
I add some trumpet on the awesome Robo_J's song. I didn't mix it very well and i didn't add effect, so i'll upload the stem if anyone want to mix it better and add some reverb, or else...
some footage i shot of the Carrousel in Glen Echo Park in MD
NOTE: this is RAW footage so the audio may contain copywritten material
Bertram Birdman was by all accounts a peculiar man, and he was born in a peculiar world, a world so strange it had odd times and wiggly lines in whimsical designs. But because his world was so o...
This is for remix purposes.
One never knows who might need/want it
Not the best quality I know I only had my iphone handy.
If my ribs are cut from the same mammal bone
My babies saw eaneikciv's awesome video this morning and couldn't stop singing the song all day. So, right before bed, I managed to get this snippet. Maybe it will do for something. I know, I know - they should be holding balloons. I'm sure I could get them to do a second take if anyone is interested.
Here you will hear Day Glo's "Strawberry Bootlaces" piece underscored by me playing piano. Love the British accent; hope the score is as loveable. Interestingly, I've actually lived the scenario so eloquently narrated... quite true to life, it is. Every bite.