Whoopsie, here I am, falling by the wayside and being late again :( Life & "We are experiencing technical difficulties-- please stand by" were to blame. Meh.
It was a busy, busy time for us, the past few weeks! The Fall Formal was the toast of the evening, and there are currently quite a number of video & still image RECords that are being uploaded & REmixed. I wasn't there, but I sure feel like I was! Superb!
(Heavy on the) Audio
1. Illumination by mozart623. Magnificent composition. You can almost smell the power, new leather, ocean breeze & classy shoes, in this one. I would love to have anyone try to incorporate it into something else, just to give it a new "scent". :D
2. Chasing Light by megancarnes. For me, this is music that dances inside of your soul. The feather-soft play of lightness & joy that flickers in your mind's eye is a calming after-thought.
3. Low by Madrond101. Oh, for crying out loud, I'm such a waterpot. This made me think of a circus at the end of its best run. All of the performers are now homeless & wandering off into the sun, makeup gone goopy & sweet clowns gone sour.
4. Chord Set #7 by Sir_Frog. Just a simple set of chords that I happen to like very much, that are ready for a schnazzy audio/spoken word/etc. REmix.
5. Dulce Bellum Inexpertis by PASIV. This is such powerful music. I have difficulty suggesting what else this could be REmixed into, besides video (see #8), but I hope that someone hears some more of the story & tells it better than I can.
6. Du Bist Schoen by Ebro910. An overlooked, ambient, little piece. Airy & cheerful, with some sound effects (the sources aren't referenced, but hopefully they are "legal"). Best for video & text, or sampling (or so I thought). * Post-edit, 10.20.11* Erm, this is a rather rudely-toned sentence. Sheesh. I meant well. Shoe out of my mouth much? :( Apologies, Ebro910 (and thanks so much for commenting that yes, the sounds were all recorded by you).
7. Overtone by Babbish. What, Babbish isn't singing? There must be an error message somewhere. Wide-open for REmixing with text, voice, music, etc.
8. Sing it Softly (PASIV n Me) by Metaphorest. Ahhh. We need visuals, sometime. This is a very inspired REmix. 'nuff said.
9. Flickering Light (Short_Piano) by thisishowiroll. Needs images/animation to give it the boost it deserves.
10. London's Burning by Robo_J. Made some time ago (at least in the land of hitRECord, hee!), I really like the fluidity of emotion in this piece. I didn't think of the London riots specifically, though. It was about disorientation, rapid & determined movement, frustration, & release-- like folks who are lost in unfamiliar cities, trying to figure out origin/destination points with maps, subways, trains, planes... and running to try to catch them all. It's great to write to, but I have always "heard" it as background music for a video collage of some sort. Why is my writing so damned long? *harrumfing noise*
11. Tea with Death (music) by Johnnyclyde. Aaahhhhh! The associated RECords are coming along nicely. Music composed to go with the reading! Most excellent. Images, images, anywhere?
1. Sunflower in grey (raw footage) by crane_crafter. There is something inexplicably serene about this footage... maybe it's the gentle nodding farewell of the sunflowers. Maybe it's the comfortable scene of sheep grazing. It's lovely.
2. Test Shoot by manwholaughs. Some odd lighting & interesting goings-on make for some nice storyline snippets for the video editors out there.
3. Somewhere... live two stories... by wirrow. I figured that even though it's not a connected idea at all, this animation is perfectly short & sweet for incorporating into RECords for a holiday further down the line: Valentine's Day. Even if Valentine's Day usually sucks like a gaping chest wound for you, these two huggies are sure to make things a bit less crap.
4. White Noise by F.M. Gore-Kelly. Slightly disturbing drawing brought to life+alternate interpretation= creepy music, a wee story and a VO for Halloween would be lovely. What? No, don't look at me. I'll make and serve pancakes in the shape of Jack O' Lanterns though, OK?
1. Gateway by Anyorkable. I thought this might be a nice place for Shadow Folk to hang out. Or faerie. Or other folks.
2. Hevn & Urth Beginning by hermit_b. I love the soft colors & Yin/Yang nature of it. It could be incorporated as a detail in "promo" RECords, or someday made into a decal (yes, I like it that much!).
3. Morning Path by Saintmaker. I couldn't tell you why I adore this, except that I somehow expect to see faerie folk (or fey humans) traipsing it :D
1. Angel of Darkness by Vedder. Well, crap. This is no happy holiday reading. However, the notes of harmony, dischord & disarray that came to my non-musician's mind were quite expressive. Surely there must be some video or images somewhere that can tell part of the story? Good brain fodder for writers, too :)
So, that's not it, but that's it for me. Cheers & Happy RECording!
Just got a new synth I'm uber pumped to learn how to use, which should be interesting since I'm also learning my way around the piano. Anywho, wrote this little piano piece before I started to mess with sounds.
I played it back and I get a lot of different images in my mind.... light flickering for the sun (like when you're driving in a car and your passing by trees and the light flckers on and off as you pass them).... seems like it's kind of reflective, like I could see somone closes their eyes and looking back on memories.
Hope someone can do something with this!
I had this idea of Hevn and Urth being in a Yin Yang circle ever since I saw wirrow's picture and I was really inspired by paperlillies' sketches. If I could animate this to go round and have the colors flare, I would.
this was made by me a while back while watching the news of the riots in England (6-10 August)
Guitar, Bass, Piano, Drums by meeeeeeeeeeeee
with the exception of the drums, bass, and piano, all the sounds you hear on this were created with my guitar. i would create sounds using my pedal board (Boss Slicer and Whammy being the most prominently used pedals), and pick the best little bits from the liter, then loop them via Ableton.
The drums you hear were all artifical/MIDI, created, programmed and modified by me via Ableton.
I've always loved the fun challenge of making the real instruments sound artificial, and the artificial instruments sound real.
Always try to think outside the box.
so i'm walking at a forest alone at night, and it's almost completely pitch black, and i can't tell where i'm going. at one point, i trip over something and put my hand on a tree to brace myself (cue music). on the trunk of the tree, from my hand, a golden light emerges and expands to cover the whole tree. it then keeps growing and covering all the trees, bushes, flowers, and every other living thing in the forest (except me). at first i stare in wonder, then i get all happy and start chasing the light.
that is what this one is about.
Originally written for a luxury car commercial. Very trailor bound music in my opinion, or might go well with an intense scene.
It's so damn inhospitable here right now. Autumn is descending with force. But at least the sunflowers are hanging in there...
sample from the work im doing with the animation.. i thought it mightt be useful as a love collab resource.
i was going to spend some time making a video about love.. butt i think the hevn & urth story is the best way i can explain what i feel about it. so i'm just going to carry on animating heh
It's been a while since I've gotten to sit down and play my piano again. Glad I got to record something tonight.
Why do you treat everything I have to say like it's white noise?
It upsets me...
Epicness by Pasiv, singing/wording by me <3
test scene for a movie i want to make.
Born into the battle, my sweet Irish lass,
Her kisses were made of flowers,
Her tears were made of glass.
I was made a demon, she an angel’s friend,...