Happy Sunday/Monday, Beautific People!
Ohh, YAWN. This particular Sunday was for working (and battling yet another cold-- MinneSnowTa is forever trying to kill me dead, dead, dead). At the moment I'm quite sleepy and wake-dreamish, despite my lovely pot of what I didn't realize was caffeinated tea, so I'm afraid this is going to be another reREC & Run. Hopefully I can squish in some comments about the RECords I like the most tomorrow morning.
The majority of my reRECs for this week are shared by quite a few other folks, and that makes me happy/disappointed, all at once. Grawr.
I'm happy because multiple reRECs for RECords can give a piece of work a really good push for getting it noticed (again & again) and REmixed. I'm disappointed because I want to give folks a lot of new things to look at/listen to. *pout, self-indulgent sulk* Oh well, there's always next week. :D
*post-edits 11.21.11* OK, I'm going to start to write a few descriptions (for my own benefit, if nothing else!). I am cranky & need a lot more tea, but who cares about that.
1. Wires by Pamagotchi. I have been hoping that PASIV's piece would be used more, for what seems to be forever (but not really). pammy did a perfect reading of kyleparker's poem, and it touched me deeply to hear it paired with PASIV's music.
2. Curbside by Malicore. Just put me there. I won't be complaining.
3. Brain in a Pan by Tyvision. I don't know what this reminds me of-- blue sky, fast-moving clouds, of being oblivious to your surroundings in favor of beauty, and being lost in a dream you never realized you slipped into.
4. Never Good Enough by SRL73. Derby music? :D The tone of the music made me think of some good "Crash 'n' Bash" times I had with my brother. We used to buy beater cars, fix them up to running condition if we could, then pretty much chase/run/jump them into the ground. The gleeful "thumbs up" for getting a hopelessly dying car restarted was about the best thing ever :D
5. Ambient Trip by sbambrick. I thought of: darkness, deep blue color tones, water, embers of light, jellyfish, warmth.
6. New Beginnings by Christer Pettersen. Upbeat & dance-y. I immediately thought of quick video bites of silly Dusty Broken Hearts Day schtuff (aka Valentine's Day-- ahh, romance!), but the movie in my head evolved into more complex things-- clips of things you've loved and somehow lost: your music, your art, your sense of self... time. It told a tale of how to re-gain confidence and find an answer to "How do I start again?" Here's to new beginnings :).
7. Funny Business by megancarnes. hee! This is for the Big Top Production, inside of my head.
8. Friends from Space by Madrond101. I was floating in space until I turned into a star-- then I caught fire and burned through the sky, trailing sparks behind me.
1. Red Eruption by cerebis. Oh, cool! I love liquid effects like this. It's perfect for something I have in mind, but for whatever reason, I can't download any (more recent) video clips, so it will have to wait :(
2. Tea Party Too- Tiny Film by CameronSmith. A live-action capture for a Tiny Story, this just blew me away. What I like the most: the angles, insane saturation of colour & the general "cuteness" (although call me an oddball, but I first wondered if our gal was having a party only in her mind). It reminds me of Alice in Wonderland :)
3. The Necklace by kendrabradanini. I love the feeling of confusion & wandering about, that I get from this. There are a ton of short clips in here (closeups of her face, for example) that I adore.
4. Stopmontgolfiere by Larsene. Weee, footage of an air ballllooooonnn! Squeak! When I was little, I didn't want to live in a house-- I wanted to live in an air balloon. This footage made me very happy.
5. A Life Together by briwil. Oooh, eek! This is some sort of animation (I think? I don't know), set to a Tiny Story, with music & Joe's V/O. And here I was thinking about Dusty Broken Hearts Day, yet again. oops.
6. Space Dust by InkedCanvas. I like the change of light, here. I have a fascination for tiny sparks of everything. There are quite a few of these up on hitREC, now... I want to be able to somehow project all of them onto a huge screen (or at least my ceiling), and play music until I fall asleep :D
7. Lights! by g5ztop. More sparkles, ahhhh. I like the patterns & movement, here. I also wish it was longer :(
8. Bubbles Bubbles by pprescott. This is just plain fun.
9. From the shinkansen 2 by vigitter. Tinkly piano & cello, in my head. Sounds of a train. Tales of the countryside, pushing in.
1. I Hear. Tiny Story by JAK2994. *muffles a guffaw* Hello, my head.
2. Death's Christmas by sinnamon. On how to give Death an emotional heart ♥
3. Gone by Jaob Nevo. Truth be told, I wasn't sure what I thought about this, when I first read it. It reeked of deceit (putting on that many "masks," to the point of having nothing left after their removal, that is), loss & pain involved in purposefully creating a new persona for oneself, until there's utter confusion as to which splintered personality (erm, of sorts) should be shown. Personally, I figure there is always something left. I don't think her face would be gone... I think it would be bare. But that's just my high-falutin' opinion! I would love to create some masks for this, and film someone taking them off, one by one... Hmmm.
4. The Thief (tiny story) by Kestral. Aww, the sentiment makes me all gooey.
5. Grumpy gnomes, tiny story byAnneMarije. Oh gad, the animations that went through my head, when I read this! It's like a fairytale, gone awry :)
6. Paper Boat (Tiny Story) by hoodboycrow. A strong & easy visual here. Uhm, I may also have heard a toy piano, hurdy-gurdy & uke, in my head :D
7. (expanded) Cupid's Clean-Up Companion by Psalmist. OK, so I am quickly becoming a fan of Psalmist's writings, on here. Shall I worry about appearing like a Psalmgirl? Meh. Pffft. His writings are very thoughtful, witty, charming, and full of humor. I liked this one because of the visuals & little movie that appeared in my head. I "felt" colour, softness, warmth, and bright streaming light, when reading this. Erm, stammering explanations for my inky grey matter, I am...
1. Doodle- Josephine by cat-cat. Yay! Already REmixed a bit, but I'd love to see more. She's pretty sassy, methinks.
2. The Raven by saintmaker. Simplicity, at its best.
So that's not all, but that's all for me. Cheers & Happy RECording!
Loved Kyleparker's "Wires" piece..wanted to do a V/O...listened to PASIV's "alive" whilst I did it and then thought to include it in the finished piece... I can upload a version without the music for remixing! <3
Craft the foil to a ship, highjack the next flight up, up the Comet cleaners nose, now we is carved in stone, wiggle like a worm in an apple's curse, neurons jump through the frying pan, fluorescence hike up your spine, shifting your head in the sand.
Been working on a bunch of different songs, but nothing I've been really happy about. But I'll post this anyway because I haven't uploaded anything in a while.
Once upon a time I did music for a short film called "Funny Business" and realized that I never gave anyone the exclusive rights to it and could upload it on here. Oh happy day!
I wrote this very early this morning before the sun began to rise 11/14/11. The sound effects I added were for visual purposes. It made me imagine alien ships taking off, and going back home after a visit.
Found an awesome pretty girl and stuff!
a little movie i made in two hours in the forest.
i'd like to think that any still frame from this could stand alone as a beautiful photograph.
feel free to cut / take / use whatever you would like!
cheers, my friends
Finally i just found the time to do the stopmotion that goes with the picture i took this summer ... hope this could be inspiring/useful/other .
it's super red/orange/black/darkish/pixilated but i kinda like it so i thought i'd post it anyway :)
Your heart is the head upon Cupid’s arrow -
all hearts are such instruments.
And with his bow bent, the cherubim fires,
we careen exponentially forward....
Somehow a random practice doodle in Photoshop turned into a crossover of Josephine and Little Red Riding Hood...
My brain tends to do weird things when I'm tired :S