I have found so many good ones this week, it's unbelievable! They're all going in my pink RErec Notebook. This time I'll include some of my ramblings and ideas as well...
1. Themetafictionist's Wax & Wane Performance is a brilliant recording. I wish I was as natural on video as this gal. She makes a bold choice as well, discussing something not every girl talks about... but why not talk about Brazillian ho wax? Maybe because it hurts. A lot.
2. I like DianeFT's choices for the Character Collab. Her notes are helpful and creative. She has not only put them all together, she's created little worlds to go with them.
3. Kubi's Dr. Brainiac must be my favorite recent illustration. It's mad scientist meets heroes... what I'd like to see is some kind of collab or collection of UNLIKELY SUPERHEROES. Maybe a little corky but lovable all the same.
4. WellingtonSun's 'last call' is brilliant. I found it in DianeFT's album. Groovy!
5. Sojushots has done it yet again! I've included THREE of his RECs this week because they all deserve recognition (which of course they got anyway). Most of you have seen the New Zealand monster and saw wirrow's suggestion to make a collection of City Monsters (on tumblr), and the 'Mum's Scary Stories' is just delightfully dark and fun altogether. What I liked the most though was the 'i wish i may' collab, which calls for people to collect the unrecognized recs and suggest how they could be further developed. I've made a list already!
6. GabyVaughan's Frank, Lisa, & the Ghost gave me an idea for a character album. I'll see what I can come up with, but I've basically always been fascinated with imaginary friends. So who's the imaginary friend in the picture? Is it the ghost or Lisa? Or both? Maybe Frank has a lot of those... (seeing as he's so shy)
7. I love ppeppina. She's a wonderful voice and great ideas. This week, I liked 'poor paper', 'i wish i may poem', and 'the tree song'. Check them out!
8. Xanlee's photo evokes emotion. I think someone should expand on it! *poke*
9. Rochelle's 'the truth lies' is so short and so wise. I just had to include it.
10. MaggieMudd's 'wishes' is just fantastic! HitRECord has seen a lot of stars and wishes lately and I think that's wonderful. Her story is sweet and sour because the little star talks about the price it must pay to grant wishes. I can almost imagine a story about the little traveling star that was looking for wishes to grant. A pure, genuine wish really must be hard to find... that's why stars favor children. So maybe it's a story about the friendship of a boy and a star, traveling together...
11. nO_one's art is very peculiar. I like it! I especially LOVED 'Death and Hi Half-Brother Sleep' because it emphasizes the bond between death and sleep... and I'm reminded of a coma really. Where is the line between death and sleep? Is there really a place called limbo? Is the coma basically being stuck there?
12. I discovered a new favorite artist this week: Monika Dekowska. Her art delights the Psychologist in me. There are so many grotesque elements in there... it's a brain-stir. (Lots of miscarriage hints too.) Also, the kiddie stuff is cute!
13. I don't know what to think of KarlaMarie's Erased except that I like it.
14. Sinnamin wrote this fantastic little poem to go with 'sewing lesson'. I love it when objects and toys come alive (except the creepy dolls). I think there was a collab 'when objects come alive' as well. I have to check it out later. :)
15. I can imagine Wilktony's 'prelude in f minor' will fit with a lot of stories, videos, and concepts out there. I quite liked the varity of it. Very well done!
16. As someone who likes to have a theory about nearly everything, I was immediately hooked by PaisleyRainbows' free verse poem. It's quite long but it' worth the read. It's about how we want to live in this comfort bubble we build our whole lives, and yet discomfort is the best thing for us sometimes. I quite agree.
17. Ranouse's 'drop something?' made me laugh. I think it's quite ingenious to make a character from Shadow Caste speak in Comic Sans (whatever this means, I'm so clueless). The fact that a story is mainly dark doesn't mean it can survive without humor! Right?
18. I'll make a separate album for my 'tombstone tales' re-recs. There are quite a lot that I loved!
Finally, I pulled these goodies out of my RE-REc Notebook. I've included it as well.
Happy RE-RECing, HitRECorders!
I marked this as NSFW because it does involve a puppet vagina and that may be frowned upon in certain circles, so heads up.
As always, feel free to remix. I would particularly love it if someone animated the vagina parts as my puppets only go so far. ;o)
this is a landscape of my city Whangarei in New Zealand.....or how I like to see it. The landscape is the treasure of my city.
It's not a secret for anyone that I am a big fan of sojushots drawings, they are amazing and he always create them based on a story or we used them as an inspiration to create a story for them, so I chose to make this remix with 2 soju characters: Cancer schmancer and the shy little knit boy, as far as I know they don't have names yet so I called them: Lisa and Frank and also, I added another friend a shadow-ghost, I thought they look great together!!!! They are all really shy and they don't talk to everyone but at least, they have to each other!!!! :)
I had a day off and I decided to practice singing stems, and I ended up making this. Feel free to add anything you want to it, and let me know if you want the "gospel choir" vocals separated! :) (p.s. I just realized that nO_one's beautiful "Dead trees can't grow" fits perfectly to this song!)
When you look outside, what you can't see is that there once was a beautiful tree
it's been burned down so long ago that no one remembers it was there
And the Birds that used to live in the tree they are already gone
And the world is gonna die, and we know why, we knew it all along.
I have a bright color version of this but I feel like the black and white evokes more emotion. My friend Jcrev is in the picture. I love the faded drawings on the wall!
The Voodoo doll wondered why people were so cruel,
Why they were so inhumane.
Everytime they jabbed him with pins,
Didn't they hear him cry out with pain?
A piano composition. Apologies for the odd wrong note and the recording quality, I don't play as much as I used to!
I have this theory.
When we are uncomfortable
emotionally, spiritually, physically, politically,
we are experiencing moments of truth.