1. Hannakong's tiny story illustrates life's choices. It speaks volumes about how we risk everything when we choose to jump in... and sometimes we have to get burned. I just love it, but it didn't seem to get the proper attention before.
2. Lots of people recommended themetafictionst's 'denial' record, but I just had to do it as well. It shows how the creative process works: you take one record, take another, mix and match, abracadabra, voila! Magic happens. Plus it's been in my head for two days now.
3. Martin Banov's Solitude is a beautiful piece of music. When I listened to it, it spoke to me, and I think the best kind of music does. So I would love to see it feature in a short film or get interpreted in all kinds of ways... stories, lyrics, etc. Just make sure you listen till the end. It gets even better!
4. I think Mignonne's 'Communion of the Rockstar' didn't get nearly enough attention as it should have! Personally, I would LOVE to see it as animation. Mainly because it would be hard to do a film with that particular ending...
5. How does one become a bird-reaper exactly? Do you wake up one day and think, hey, I'm gonna reap some birds today! *snort* While I also loved sojushot's Esmeralda illustration, I think the bird lady didn't get enough attention. I just think it's so clever that she stashes them away in her hair. I would just love to hear her story. *winks to writers*
6. Nope's 'Never Give Up' tombstone tale hit jackpot for me. I can just imagine the twin tombstones sitting there, bickering for eternity. And yes, I do actually imagine two animated tombstones giving each other the stink eye.
7. JulesKD's poem 'Which Love Fits' is brilliant. She uses words as if they're swords and she cuts the language in parts, then she picks them up and puts them back together to make a beatiful poem. I can picture a quite humorous animation taking form. If only some illustrators would take inspiration from it. ;)
8. 'Daydreaming of the Bubble Bunny & Butterflies' is wonderfully magical. It's how I think imaginary friends are conceived... from a bubble. I will have to write a tiny story for it and add it to The League of Imaginary Friends. Until then, I would love to see some stories going on. Or a whimsical melody. Why not even animation!
Added some vocals to amferraro's denial. Used records by wirrow and lidan to supply the lyrics. :)
I feel iffy about that last line but am too impatient to post the text first (get feedback, edit accordingly) and repost with this image. Kinda inspired by that 'Gwar fans!' photo by sini69.
megancarnes' piano duet Daydreams inspired this. :)
Was planning to post this record as a remix of other people's great pieces but I haven't found my way to the remix yet and thought I might as well have this floating about in the lovely atmosphere that is HR. :D
(Random thought: my longest title to date, I think. Oh and my dad just gave away our rabbit - although I drew this way back and I don't have a particular soft spot for Bunny the rabbit. But still.)