1. Requiem of a Poet is a beautiful piece of writing, grea flow and imagery. It portrays the sweet and sour nature of a natural poet... chasing perfection but never quite reaching it. We can safely say it feels like this with every art, can't we?
2. Re_Anon's 'Turf Wars' is such a cute and interesting RECord. Granted, I have a weakness for wacky and cute characters, but their names are adorable, the idea is workable, and I think surely the character collab can do something with it! I'd personally love to see some remixes and maybe even tiny animations. :)
3. The Fictionary is such a fun collaboration! It's about making up words and giving them odd and often funny meanings. Check out SnickerSnacker's first entry. For example, 'dinope' is the inevitable realization that one will never ride a dinoseur! Most of all, it's a great exercise for all the wordsmiths out there.
4. 'Pointless Objects for Useless People' is another collab. This one was started by rewfoe, you know the artist who uploaded all those amazing character illustrations a week or so ago. I think wirrow did a great thing of suggesting this collab, as I have a feeling it will be super fun. So start contributing people!!!
5. CMSChelsea's heart guy is wonderfully mysterious and adorable. He even has his own collaboration now. I also suggested it as a basis for a tiny story in one of my curated albums. I'd love to see what you come up with!
6. Of all the magnificent tiny stories I have included in my album 'Tiny Stories FTW', one struck a chord with me. I don't know why... but 'i like blinking' is so odd and clever that I just felt compelled to RE-REC it.
7. Estuhbawn's tiny story 'where are you?' is just brilliant. I know it's cheesy, but honestly, I think this tiny story portrays love so perfectly that it cannot be ignored. It's such a simple idea that resonates so powerfully.
8. Lea Daniel has produced so many amazing illustrations before, but I think my current favorite is 'Life and Death'. I included it in my album 'Find the Story' (where I've collected some great illustrations that are good for tiny stories but have not been contributed to the collab) because it's such a beckoning image of death waiting next to the passionate lovers. I definitely want to see that REmixed!!!
9. Inkblots by Metaphorest is the perfect tiny story for Emma Conner's Inky People REmix. It's a great concept and it's beautifully written. It's a spark of genius.
10. 'Smothering Sun' by clarkie is one of my favorite tiny stories and yet, it didn't get much attention when it popped up. It may need work but imagine the illustration! What is more, I asked someone to look at it and maybe come up with a dark and murder-y illustration for it. We'll see if he feels up for it.
11. The RECord 'Childhood?' is a very symbollic illustration. I know it may seem that the tiny story is obvious but I'm curious to see some imaginative REmixes. I am sure we can put a spin to this lovely image of this rite of passage.
12. 'Narcoleptic' by AlexandraTF is just the tiny story I imagine reading in volume 2! It's short and clever, and it'll make for a great illustration. Any takers?!
That's it for this week's RE-RECs. I'm so excited about tiny volume 2! I wish I could say I've read all of the stories, but I am yet to catch up with the endless stream of new ones. But... the more the merrier I say. ^_^
Life is love lost on idol adoration.
Language of a dove lost is petty confrontation.
Those who seek the art are lost.
Haunted and searching for the perfect wo...
These little guys live in the woods. They are constantly at war with one another over the land.
Mosslings are like ninjas, quick and agile, with leaf shields and stick weapons. Mudlings are chameleons hiding in mud puddles like Martin Sheen and launching mud bombs. Dirtlings are strong and steadfast with protection from a rock shield and sniper-like accuracy with their stone weapons.
I came up with these characters years ago and hitRECord seems like a nice home for them. The original idea was that they spend their days play fighting with each other in little tribes. A bit like in Neverland or paintball, when you're hit or captured, you're out.
I don't really know what to do with them so go nuts people!!!
People are like Rorschach inkblots –