So many great RECords this past week... I might have gone a little overboard. Enjoy!
1. 'Monster of Doubt' is an amazing concept and a cute illustration for the Monster Collab. It shows what writers have to deal with every time they fill a page. You can animate it, add more monsters, etc.
2. Chloe04 suggested something VERY awesome for a HitRECorderly issue: a treasure chest full of Jelly Babies antics. Kind of like a collection of the remnants of the jelly society. I'd definitely want to buy that issue!
3. Shortly after Kubi's ingenious bookmark was featured, Marke created a RECord called 'tiny bookmark' where you can see the bookmark on top of the tiny two book. My first thought (and many others') was: I want one! My second: we need to make more bookmarks. Think about it, it opens a world of fun and possibilities!
4. Rorscach People is an excellent tiny story. Fractaldust used a bunch of resources on the site to create this powerful image. Of course, metaphorest's 'inkblots' text is pretty amazing itself. I'd love to see this tiny story in vol. 2.
5. MattConley's 'the bermuda triangle' makes me wonder a lot of things. But mostly, why would a family abandon everything and choose to disappear in the infamous black hole in the ocean? Also, I think it can actually be REmixed, maybe add a little pow to it. Finally, I'd LOVE to see some clever tiny illustrations.
6. It started when wirrow released his 'flight of the foxes' image. Then metaphorest released her wonderful 'little foxes' song, and finally, one of my favorite singers on HitRECord - I_Am_1954 recorded his vocal together with meta's. While I love his interpretation, I'd LOVE to hear the vocals separately. Great collaborative work!
7. There are two collabs this week that I think deserve to be noted. Wirrow's 'the end' is just on time, seeing as it all may end in December (or so they say). And I'm always game for end of the world fun!!! Another collab was started by themetafictionist. It's called 'flash fiction' and I'm recommending it to the writers out there who have RECorded short pieces of text. It's a good way to set the foundations for short films and I love the format. So start flashing!
8. Sojushots released a bunch of lovely illustrations this past week (including one for a tiny story of mine), but my favorite two are: 'from worse to godawful' and 'moon moa'. One is mysterious and dark, the other colorful and adorable. I think a lot of REmixing can happen over there!
9. 'A tiny story in which a goldfish spoils an outing' is a very odd and funny illustration. It sends my mind into over-thinking mode... where did it fall from? Why is it bigger than the car? What kind of outing did it spoil? I think it'd be a damn funny story! And btw, fancypigeon is a brand new HitRECord member. :)
10. Christopher.harn's Utopia text is clever and ready to be REmixed. It has a great twist at the end and I'd love to see a tiny film to go with it. Check it out!
11. Now for some tiny stories... 'power' by tiwaiwaka is such a beautiful portrayal of rain on spider-webs, I'd love to see some illustrations to go with it. 'Projections' by metaphorest is a tiny story about the future. She applied some clever alliteration to convey a scary picture ahead. Again, illustrations would be lovely!!!
12. Finally, I know the following two records will probably get a lot of RE-RECs but whatever... ppeppina's 'happily unaware' piano instrumental is as beautiful as her awesome tiny story. And the video 'rise' is so inspiring. You can tell a lot of work has gone into making it awesome. Thumbs up and hats off to both!
For more great RECs, just see my Hearty Hearts album resourced below. :)
I don't think I was very clear in the video- sorry it's a rainy Sunday evening here in the UK and that makes my head a little fuzzy.
Anyway, I was thinking that a possible idea for the next issue of the hitrecorderly could be based on the Jelly Babies collab as it's a really rich source of different pieces of art and it's already been well developed.
The idea is to have a flat packed cardboard treasure box (which would need to be designed) that could be built after by anyone. The premise is that you find a treasure chest filled with all the treasures of Jellyland - the dvd, illustrations, the original text etc and we could also use missamerica's postcard idea which would result in a jigsaw puzzle of a map in postcard form.
So I just want to know if this is a plausible idea for the next issue, or is it just the Crazy talking? haha
As always if you could let me know if I missed you out in the resources :)
I immediately fell in love with Little Foxes by Metaphorest when i first listened to it. I felt i needed to add my own backup vocals to it, plus i just really wanted to sing this great song. Enjoy.
The town of Utopia is just as you’d expect it to be. It is real, it is tangible, and it is truly amazing. Here are some quick facts about this marvelous place:
Here's a rainy piano theme for my tiny poem "Happily Unaware"... feel free to use this as a background music! :)
And if someone wants to add vocals, go ahead! :) I'm gonna give it a try later, but right now I've got a flue, so I can't sing...
...p.s. I would love to see this story animated... ;)
MeganCarnes let me hear her song off her EP a bit early. And she had also been planning on taking vacation. So, inspired by the tune, I was like, "YOU SHOULD COME TO TEXAS AND SHOOT A VIDEO."
So she did.