- Last Record: 2012-07-11 22:07:29 -0400
- Joined: Aug 25, 2011
This is kinda disgusting—it looks like one of those scrubby sponges after cleaning a burnt-on pan, doesn't it? It's the remnants of vines that covered a surface (as it happens, on an abandoned building in Oakland, CA) but are now dead. At any rate, it could give some texture to something, right?
Shot from across the street with a zoom lens. I suppose I could've just photographed the scrubby side of my kitchen sponge!
Yeah, I know...there's shadows on it. This was in Rye bar in San Francisco. If you're in San Francisco, you should check it out. Most of it is much cooler than this brick wall.
For my "misc surfaces" folder in the textures/backgrounds collab.
Roses Key Lime Pie
Sweet Flaky Crust:
1 1/3 cups of All-purpose flour
1/8 tsp of salt
1/8 tsp of baking powder
1 tablespoon of white sugar
1 stick of butter, chilled & cubed
3 oz of cold cubed cream cheese
2 1/2 tablespoons of heavy cream
3 tsp of cider vinegar
Pie weights or baking beans & tinfoil
2. Form crust and gently place tinfoil in crust, then lay pie weights. Bake for 15 minutes at 350.
4 egg yolks
1 egg white
1/2 cup of Nellie & Joes Famous Key Lime Juice
14 oz of condensed milk
3 tsp of grated lime rind
1/2 tsp of cream of tartar
3 drops of green food coloring
1. Separate 4 eggs, separating one egg white completely separate (4 egg yolks, 3 egg whites,1 egg white)
2. In a mixing bowl whisk Egg Yolks. Then add Condensed Milk, Key Lime Juice, & Rind.
3. Whisk 1 egg yolk until thick and add to Key Lime Filling. Whisk all together. Add Food Coloring.
4. Pour in flash baked pie crust.
3 egg whites
1 cup of white sugar
1/2 tsp of cream of tartar
1 1/2 tsp of rose water
3 drops of red food coloring.
1. Beat 3 egg whites & cream of tartar until foamy.
2. Add Rose Water.
3. Gradually, while mixing, add sugar. Add Food Coloring.
4. Switch to a hand mixer and beat until stiff.
5. Lay on top of key lime filling and seal to edges of the pie crust.
6. Dust the crust with beaten egg mixture.
7. In a 350 degree Pre-Heated oven bake for 15-20 minutes, or until meringue is browned.
8. Refrigerate over night.
While walking home from the park, I noticed this flower petal covered sidewalk and just had to shoot it. I wish I had gotten a little bit lower and a tad to the right
After spending all that time drawing cornelli lace on this piece of paper, it was nothing to crinkle it up and photograph it throughout its mutilation.
This is the jacket that goes with the dress. I made this using my machine because the lace fabric was so heavy hand sewing wouldn't have held it together! I think it turned out wonderfully!
In case you need a fur texture. This is from my cat. She's a longtime donor of fur. She's really generous with the stuff, leaves it lying around on my furniture and clothes.
I loved the idea of mixedtapes so I just tried to do something with the idea :D and this is what came out! I'm not 100% satisfied with the result but the resources used might be usefull for remixing!