I still feel guilty about missing last week's re-recs even though I was travelling and there was no way to contribute. However, I'll make up for it by throwing a few old RECs in this week's RE-RECs. Okay? Okay,
1. Sleepless by Braun22 captures the exact fabric of sleep. You have to hear it, but I believe a lot can be done with this tune. I can see it used for animations and more. :)
2. I love the illustration 'i'm a universe'. I think it'd make a great animation!!! Imagine the roads at the back forming a map while tiny trees and clouds and buildings form, waving at one another. Very inspired work!!!
3. Call me crazy but 'moon's big night out' might as well be my favorite sojushots image. It's so clean and it says everything. It doesn't even need a story, for God's sake! How many images can we say that about? Now to figure out what to do with it...
4. 'Reasons why you should let me hold your hand' is so cute. If not a tiny story, a tiny film at least?
5. Emily's Song is a solid beat that can be used for videos, promos, etc. Check it out!
6. The Sorrow Bird song is so beautiful. Yet another masterpiece by I Am 1954. Color me fangirl. Oh and I'd definitely consider a tiny film for this...
7. ILLUSTRATORS: you simply must make this tiny story your next project. Dreamer is such a funny and relatable and abstract idea that I can't really imagine Vol. 2 without it. And I think an image can really take it to the next level.
8. 'Stuck on you' must be my FAVORITE RECord for the past week. It illustrates perfectly how stupid love may seem and even feel, yet we can't do anything else. Madness!
9. 'Head in the clouds' is a great illustration. It can be interpreted in many ways and I'd love to see more tiny stories done for it. Definitely a must-REmix. Check it out. :)
10. With RECords like 'breath', you're never sure if you should RE-REC them. Mainly because it's not entirely clear what can be done with them. It's a girl with magnificent blue eyes and dark hair, looking up. I just love the way the blue slips to black and blankets her image. It's an oldie, but let's see if we can use it, shall we?
11. MitchFinn086's portrait is peculiar. It's not something we haven't seen before in parts, but put together, the elements have made something... well, unexpected. My first thought was 'what the' immediately followed by 'cool'. REmix anyone?
12. 'Centipede Trip' is sooooo cute. I cracked a few tiny stories myself. Love it!
13. I love HelloCat's red umbrella! I think it can be used on a lot of merchandise too! Especially in rainy regions. OR how about making an umbrella covered in tiuny umbrellas. :D
14. 'travel away' is a tasty mystery. Who is this? Where are they going? What have they done? How about an animation of just the lower part of them? I mean, no need to see their face, where's the fun in that? Eek, I wish I could animate!!!
15. So there's been a lot of 'hair RECs' on HitRECord. Have you noticed? I've compiled an album called 'hairness' just to put them all together. This is my latest favorite: Spaghetti Hair. So lovely! Not sure how it can be REmixed yet, so put on your thinking caps.
16. Lea Daniel is a fantastic artist and I can pretty much RE-REC everything she's done. But I noticed an illustration, which didn't get much attention, but I think is brilliant. 'The only friend' is about as sad and relatable as anything goes. Maybe if we can come up with a funny tiny story, we can make this a bittersweet story.
P.S. Also, everything by Kubi, sojushots, and TheSerpentTheCharmer. Seriously. ;)
1) It looks very soft.
2) It won't hurt at all.
3) You can have it back when I'm done.
So I'm putting together some songs for my sister to sing on but I decided to upload the instrumental tracks I made. It's total hip hop/pop style which I know it's not the norm for hitrecord but someone might be able to remix it.
Also this is the first real song that I've recorded since switching over to Logic so the track definitely sounds a lot more crisp than my other songs.
Enjoy and happy remixing.
i decided to make a song out of the great poem "The Sorrow Bird" by Metaphorest. I hope you enjoy!
from a few year's ago in college. thought people might have cool ideas to vamp off of it, and may do a new version of it myself. it remains one of my brother's favorite drawings by me.