A philosophical discussion ensues during a fireside poker match-up between wirrow and I. Maybe some REmixers can roll in and play with this? It could use some colors, a background, more props, a sky, and maybe different dialogue and additional characters? Oh... and animation?
I thought the cartoon characters in andrombe's "Okay, Maybe They'd be Kinda Cute..." were cool so I wanted to add to the series. In this one a wife proposes divorce, stating they should "see Otter People."
Here's a drawing of how I envisioned The Magician in Part One of wirrow's "reverse magic" to look like: a bit old fashioned, a bit brooding, and totally sporting a tux and white gloves.
This is in rough draft, disproportional form as of now. The left side of the face looks like it got punched by a big dude and got super swollen. haha
"Part One. The magician is on stage..."
I drew an interpretation of a member of "the glow gang" from wirrow's Tiny Story. I envisioned the gang member exhibiting a bit of high end fashion whilst carrying a very retro boombox up to his ear.
I drew an interpretation of "Imaginary Bob" from starkjanus' Tiny Story. I envisioned him as more of a valour-sweatsuit-wearing-swindler kind of imaginary friend.
* Note: I wanted to incorporate only a little bit of the car in the background, but I think that turned out pretty lousy. Maybe a graphic designer could extract Bob from this and put him into a cooler-looking background with a car and maybe some neighborhood scenery. ;)
Did a quick sketch of Mr. Redford in the REC Room at Sundance for the "Illustrated History of hitRECord."
This could go in Frame 7.
Artwork for JonMac's "tiny story - LGM"
The kids shined flashlights at the moon to signal the little green men who lived there.
Years later, the little green men came down to visit, but nobody believed in them any more.
* Note: This could definitely use a revamped UFO in the background.
Artwork for "The Trash Collectors: A Tiny Story."
Day after day George and Martha picked up the trash at the grounds where people play.
But tomorrow was to be different, for they would scoop up the polluters. And throw them away.
Artwork for "Like Ants, We're Marching: A Tiny Story."
I did a little soul-searching on a stroll through the sidewalks of the surreal city.
Walking beside me was an ant, presumably on the same existential journey.
And I wondered if we were listening to the same song on our headphones.
Artwork for "Godard: A Tiny Story."
Studios used to give Godard a camera and let him go shoot whatever he wanted. I just got my camera online.
Here is the art only of "Goblin Ears: a tiny story" in case anyone wants to play around with the drawing or alter the text, etc.
Here is the art only of "The Messenger: A Tiny Story" in case anyone wants to play around with the drawing or alter the text, etc.
Jimmy Tuck sketched with booze & cigarettes.
But he only drew blanks.
REmixed MadisenMusic's "Tiny Story: Jimmy Tuck" and focused more on the "drawing blanks" concept.
Ways to add on to this could be to create an art studio that he's in, or create an easel in front of him. Just some initial thoughts...
Here's a mock-up of one way to illustrate "Shady Shadow: TIny Story."
I like the overall arrangement and the characters (so far.) The text and the quote bubble could use some work (i.e. better placement and style.)
Perhaps the character has a prop or two (a briefcase with money leaking out of it a bit, or something suggestive of theft or whatever.)
The gun the shadow is holding could use some work too (looks like he is pointing as it's drawn now.)
Basically this is a rough sketch just to play around with if anyone's interested...
The invincible stock broker happened to be dead inside.
Based this concept a bit on jamignott's "Tiny Story: Death is Obvious." Originally it was going to be the zombie-like character (with business exterior) saying "blah, blah, blah *croak*" but then I shifted the concept a bit.
This is definitely more of a mock-up rough draft; I'd love to see others' take on this.
Updated the previous version of this, "Invincibility: Tiny Story," with new artwork (based on work by The MOCKery) and replaced the stock broker character with a lawyer. Slight text revision as well.
Another idea for text would be: "In the courtroom the lawyer was invincible... but dead inside."
Thought I'd do something a bit diabolical for Dee's diabolical "Clowns" Tiny Story. zeogle had some wonderful illustrations to remix in his "Circus Sketches" RECord.
Note: I left the text at the bottom so that the main imagery at the top would be easily remixable.
An illustration for MRT's Tiny Story "Robert." I decided to only show the side of his body with two arms rather than an entire figure so that it segued into the text more.
Robert by MRT
My friends always call me Octokid but I only have three arms. They should just call me Robert.
An illustration for Ericar's Tiny Story "Zombie Gentlemen."
Zombie Gentlemen by Ericar
Zombies are such gentlemen. They love you for your brain.
An illustration for MadisenMusic's "Tiny Story: Hursery."
Tiny Story: Hursery
Ok I'll admit, I have a few skeletons in my closet; but they weren't skeletons when I put them there.
Wanted this envelope illustration to look innocent and yet slightly deranged at the same time.
I figured an animation could derive from the area where his hands form the heart shape. Perhaps a beam of hearts could begin to form and glow or something?
The RE-RECing Heart Guy is primed for the Fall Formal, and it should be noted that the top hat and tux don't make him any less of a prick.
Here is a transparent .png file of JacksonBlack's "Tiny Story-Wicked Witch" illustration. This should help animators a bit. :)
Thought it would be interesting to illustrate LukeC's "Aviator" character as a young pilot.
Here is a transparent .PNG file for everyone to play around with.
A (transparent) homage to the color bars of televisions.
Video-wise this may look cool with added static or the ol' "Bad TV" filter on FCP.
Bar (transparent) coded.
Looks like there is a little more erasing that needs to be done toward the top before it is potentially usable. :/
Here is a VISUAL REFERENCE for ILLUSTRATORS and ANIMATORS re: "Make-Up Sex: A Tiny Film."
> ILLUSTRATION NOTES:
* The LIPSTICK and MASCARA characters are in super rough draft form, but the elements of their characters are represented in this doodle.
* The overall lay-out of the HOTEL ROOM is present in the drawing (lamp with red lace over it, dissheveled bed, clothes tossed everywhere, cigarette smoke, tacky hotel decorations.)
> ANIMATION NOTES:
* The shot is in one take. It's a pull back from either the lamp with red lace over it (if that ends up working out as a resource) or a pull back from the cigarette in Lipstick's hand.
* Lipstick is going to be puffing smoke as she looks unimpressed with what transpired. She isn't angry, just looks like she wants to be somewhere else entirely.
* One element I really want to see make it into the animations is the Lipstick holding the bedsheets over her torso. I always think it's funny when there's a post-sex bed scene in a movie and the woman is holding the sheets up. It's just something I find to be a funny cliche.
* The rack focus from Lipstick to Mascara occurs about halfway through the animation. The background will go completely blurry as Mascara comes into focus. He droops forward, pathetically putting his face into his hands, as he comes into focus. He wallows in shame in the final moments.
* The concluding moments of the animation should be a pull-back out of a cosmetics case to reveal that's where the hotel is located. Much thanks to Metaphorest for the suggestion!
I put together this title card conceopt after being inspired by Proi's "A Modest Proposal (Handwritten)" record. Just wanted to remix her concept and see if others could take this idea further.