Here are a few bits I love from Cities:
1) From "On Fire All The Time" 00:33-00:41, not because it's particularly related to Cities but because I still can't get that song out of my head, and I love the red sun/button behind the swinging girl. In fact, is there a way to just use the song, maybe blend it with the Glitch/Open Door neatness?
2) "My heart belongs to cities" is awesome! Check out 00:33-00:48 for a neat crayon mashed up with live photos/footage that has a tiny story feel. Also, 1:56-2:05 has a nice hitRECord plug that could be a great intro/outro. There's a really beautiful cracked heart at 1:58 that reminded me of my RECord "Disconnection" (not a Cities thing exactly but tugs at you if you get my drift).
3) How about the hitRECord subway map? Super, right? I love the heart shape and the squiggle through the center that gives the picture the tiniest bit of movement. It looks even cooler/cleaner kind of digipainted by Jane_TH. (Shout out to the metafictionist)
4) I'm from Texas so I'm including "RE: Cities - Houston, TX" for a bit of the homestate. I like 1:24-1:39 for several tidbits including the phrase "We came in peace for all mankind" and the balloons, also the Bayou reference which will touch lots of folks who remember our coastal tragedies (and ongoing recovery)
5) Which brings me to this piece from MattConley, "RE: Cities/RE: New Orleans". If I had to pick a slice, I'd say 1:25-1:33 crams the most images into a short span, but this whole video is just awesome, poignant, the "Blue Dog" music is so perfect, and Matt's right, I love the musicians at the end. (This might need to stand alone for another project, but I'm recommending it anyway :^)
6) Just added "RE: Cities...Because the city is your disco!" from OrigamiArtichoke. She has awesome photos, and this most recent one has a neat tiny story.
7) "Cities on My Desk" is so cute AND it's around 30 sec. Perfect, right?
8) Last, but not least...SOME VID OF AUSTIN, "SXSW/twenty ten" a)because I live here and b)because this is really cool SXSW stuff (wish I'd been there, hopefully this year coming). I'm partial to 00:00 up until the TeaFaerie and the Texas map around 00:45-00:48.
Since, two of my selects are the essentially the same, I get two more choices right?
I'll keep plugging away till you say turn in for the night. Thanks for the album suggestion. Those of us completely unschooled/intimidated by the video editing process totally love the opportunity to contribute!