1. "Paper texture" (gulduk) - gulduk has a few of these paper texture scans on the site and I think they're just fantastic. They will make great REsources for posters and all kinds of collage REmixes.
2. "Vote: Homage to the Voting Rights Act of 1965" (Kavonne) - The arrangement of this voting poster is simply fascinating. It is retro and yet relevant to the perception of voting (which can tend to be old fashioned.) But it's so stylish and cool looking. This would make a great tee shirt, poster, or postcard-sized handout.
3. "The Horrific End of Oliver Kanes [vocks]" (Day Glo) - A terrific reading that really deserves accompanying video or animation.
4. "raining umbrellas" (layla) - This image RECord makes rainy days seem okay. I was particularly struck by how the two colors in the background meet in the middle. It really worked for me.
5. "all for the best" (technofunkie) - Having raw video footage like this is so helpful to editors. I think these sort of raw footage RECords work best for establishing shots. For instance, you could shoot a whole video on your own and then find something like this and take short clips and use them for establishing shots or cutaways. Videos like this become so invaluable on a collaborative website like this.
6. "c0l0r film LeadeR." (SusieQRice) - Speaking from my own experiences, I am always looking for ways to play around with video intros and title cards. There is a great variety of leaders in this RECord so they can be used in all kinds of ways. As a side note, it's great to have them all in one file, as opposed to having separate RECords of each one. It just makes it easier to save them onto the ol' hard drive.
7. "Day 1(My new band Choked with trees)" (ForestKnauff) - A great first song from Forest's new band. It's such a cool storytelling tune and totally feels like it should be played live in a rural pub on a cold winter's day.
8. "Bifurcation" (Expoobident) - Exceptional beat. This is just waiting to be REmixed with new layers and all kinds of futuristic tones and samples.
9. "Stitchpunk [coloured]" (Neithan) - I just double-checked the original "Stitchpunk" drawing and I am just amazed at the transformation that took place with this REmix. It's a very powerful piece and built off the first version in such a spectacularly epic way. I'm just blown away by the job Neithan did here.
10. "Phil Phillips" (Metaphorest) - This clever piece of writing really needs its own video and/or animation as well. This could be visually realized in a lot of creative ways. And I like how much is packed into it in such a small amount of space. The pacing would translate to video really well I think.