- Last Record: 2011-03-03 06:54:04 -0800
- Joined: Oct 20, 2010
I had a tough time deciding, but here are the ones that I would especially love to see in Recollections volume 1:
1) Stitchpunk [coloured] : Imaginative illustration + lovely colouring. And I love how it inspired its own story and slew of interesting characters.
2) Oh shit : The fish's expression is priceless.
3) Tiny story: "miracles" : Beautiful picture.
4) i consume myself : Twistedly fascinating.
5) Owl of Boatmeal : Creative and nicely put together.
1) A Mathematician's Approach to Love, or U + Me = ? (short story) by fractaldust: Clever, interesting and fun reading.
2) City Systematic v.2 : Interesting and I like the mental images.
3) Owl of Boatmeal: As an accompaniment for the Owl of Boatmeal art - I like the rhythm of this.
(I've a feeling I may be forgetting something I wanted to add. It's late. I'm old. Will edit to add if I remember.)
1) Sunday Evening : First heard this when I watched 12.42's Herringbone Hat opening titles. Went on to listen to the full song and fell in love with it.
2) Herringbone Hat remixes - Philip and Channing's Live Reading of "The Man In the Herringbone Hat": REmix / The Man in the Herringbone Hat - Radio Play : Ok, I couldn't decide between the two. There were effects in both that I liked. I enjoyed the voices, music and general atmosphere in the first, and also liked the additional appropriately (imo) added sound effects in the second.
3) Painty Hands Song! : Just such a fun and light-hearted song.
4) Fairtrade agreement: It isn't complete, so I'm not sure about re-rec-ing this for the CD, but I adore both the tune and the lyrics, and the first verse sounds good. :D
Wordplay a friend (http://hitrecord.org/users/silverladder) thought up: "... My mind is constantly running; constantly playing with words, even when I'm not consciously doing it. No joke. So the phrase 'bowl of oatmeal' was in my head this morning... My mind started messing with the letters in the words and suddenly I thought, 'Owl Of Boatmeal!'"
I like to call the squid Quaken.
Matthew used to think love was as easy as 3.14159, but Linda was rapidly proving him wrong. He loved Linda, sure, just like he loved his dog Einstein, but he loved mathematics the most. Linda ...
City lights fire off the shimmered brain
Cerebral electricity, interconnected sparks.
Neuron stars shatter…flicker,
From within hallowed hallways.
Sensory bulbs burst, shards ri...
Amidst the tides of Boatmeal sails an owl, brown and white,
and through the waves (he's very brave),
commits to a dangerous plight.
For in the oated, wind-rocked waves a squid ...
This is the first piece I'm posting to hitRECord. Figured I might as well start with my newest. More to come!!