1) SXSW in 30 Seconds! - HelloLindsayyyyyy has done amazing jobs with the 30 seconds or less videos, and I really would like to see if we could do more with the work she already has done.
2) College Tour 2010 - It's been great to see all the different attempts at videos for the college tour, and this one is one of my favorites.
3) SUNDANCE (subconscious) - MattConley did a great job with this...I really have no other words to say about this video.
4) It Starts with a Glitch - This has to be my favorite "It Starts With a Glitch" videos. I think this could use some more refining, but that's what we're all here for, to work together.
5) hitRECord crazeee - this image really shows the excitement and creativity that we all feel, I really enjoyed this the first time I saw it.
6) Music for Short Film #13 - I love instrumentals, they can be used for almost anything, and this one is one I really liked.
7) Playing With HitRECord...- This is another image that I found really cool. It played with the colors of hitRECord really well.
8) Musical Treats - A great album by Metaphorest to take into consideration.
9) tiny book factory - I think this is the cutest thing ever! Haha. It really fits perfectly with the Tiny Book idea.
10) Everything Is On Fire - RegularJOE did a great job editing this. He not only tied in everything together really well, but he got his message across.
11) The Ring (graphic) - This is another image (typography) that I found intriguing. I enjoyed the way the story tied into the image.
12) Tiny Book of Tiny Stories - This is a lovely image. It integrates the Tiny Stories as well as the Tiny Book, and I think this is definitely something that deserves attention.
wirrow first Released this song back in the springtime. The first thing I did after the first time I heard it was email dan, saying "I found your new favorite song." He and I share a love for the pleasantly repetitive.
Other musicians added to it, PixelPilgrim and ChenelyWelly added to wirrow's vocals from the female persuasion. Nels Cline played hot guitar. Jeff Peff added percussion and edited the whole thing together into its current form.
The hypno-face template is one of the cooler aesthetic feats our mass collaborative process has achieved so far: wirrow drawing the first face, then hundreds of hitRECorders coloring it into diversity.
And the work of a whole lot of video artists went into this montage I've cut. Too many to name in this description, but I'll cite the resources below. (I've listed some so far, but I'll have to dig around to find the rest) The footage of dan spinning comes from Vanya, who is well intent on uploading the resource, I know because he's standing right next to me.
After Fraeulein started the 'tiny journey'- Collaboration, MoiSanom talked to me about the tiny books and their journey around the world and her ideas and we quickly agreed that they'd probably be produced in a factory that is a bit steam-punkish looking and she basically asked me to draw it (and helped me with sending me lots inspirational pictures! Thanks, love). It took me a while but here it is :D
I realise it might be bit colourful but i got new Copics for christmas that i had to test!
My steampunk research ended up with me:
- finding interesting things (steampunk computers! People actually build them for real! :D)
- reading an online steampunk magazine
- buying jewellery (i know, what?)
- rewatching Edward Scissorhands
That was fun :D
HAPPY NEW YEAR; EVERYONE ♥
A drawing I've made for work, the previous colors were purple, green, pink & yellow. I like to play with that red & blue so I hitRECorded the colors...
This here is a short piece called "Marimbaphone" for a percussion duet between a marimba and a vibraphone. I figured someone could crop it and use it to REmix it or for whatever other purpose they'd like.
Just having some fun with phoebeallen's remix of Matt Conley's monitoring record and portrait by djnamelis. Will be adding more recources.
ItsPauline and Haus_of_Glitch needed to be in the video, so I made a REmix! I also changed/added some other things. Please tell me if I forgot any resources. :o)
When we dream about an experience our minds tend to present our memories back to us in some sort of fragmented state. Instead of REplaying the experience back to us, often times we get glimpses of moments, of people, and often our auditory senses distort the playback in our head.
So this is how a dream about hitRECord at Sundance 2010 might look, and feel, in the unconscious state.
Tried to convey the vibe of what went on, the ideas that were put out, and some moments that happened. It's over 30 seconds but I think it'll do. Thanks to JeffPeff for some old fashion audio mixdown.
Here's a little ad type remix I did for the tiny book of tiny stories, I really liked sianaize's photo of the tiny book in the snow and I've been wanting to remix it for a while and yeah this is the result.
I hope I resourced everyone if anyone's missing please tell me :)