1. "It Starts with a Glitch" - seems obvious, but I couldn't resist;) I just can't get enough of it, it's so positive and energetic and just thinking of it makes me feel like dancing:)
2. "Nouveau Départ (Accordion/Piano)" - not a single false note in it; it's light, sweet, brings the brightest thoughts and most magical dreams to my mind.
3. "madison waxes existential" - well, not very optimistic;) but still, I love both the lyrics and the tune; it's very gentle and despite all else, kind of soothing, I think.
4. "Day & Night" - Chaneley's amazing voice and style... I don't even know what words to use; I'm always looking forward to her RECords.
5. "Painty Hands" - adorable, sunny, smart and funny; but most of all - it's a cappella! (which I've always loved)
Glitch has been workin' on this mix all week (and for some reason the file wouldn't upload in his browser - so he sent it to me.) "It starts with a Glitch" is awesome! Let's get to work on creating a video to accompany it! Remember - cut to the beat! :D <3
My first official Accordion Record! Written 1/11/11
If you like this, please check out version 2 that I recently recorded. http://hitrecord.org/records/629281
To InkedCanvas, my self-proclaimed biggest fan (what have they been putting in the water over there, huh?)
I loved her poem "alonely", and decided to incorporate them into lyrics I had written.
Inked, the structure of this song has been with me since the beginning of me making music, and I've never been able to record it properly; for the longest time, my guitar had only 5 strings, and the string that was missing was the one that pretty much gave the tone to this entire song. Now that I have had it tuned and had the strings replaced, I can do this song now (sadly, all the songs that I played with only five strings, which is most of what you hear on this site by me, is almost unplayable now...).
You have no idea how many times I played this on my Fender with massive reverb as loud as possible at my mom's house when everyone would go out shopping (and I always made it 10 minutes long, which I mercifully did not do here).
I hope you enjoy listening to it as much as I enjoyed making it for you. Thanks for everything, Inked. You're the best fan any musician could ever ask for.
half hearted beats and tear soaked cheeks
and joy begins to decay
here i stand with so many questions
what makes you so damn special?
lost and alonely she weeps for him only
as love slips slowly away
what became of all of these questions
i thought you thought i was so damn special...