1. "Chinese creation myth" (JulesKD) - Here we have an ambitious mini-documentary for the "Creation Myth" collaboration by the very entertaining, and highly informative, JulesKD. This is packed full of useful facts, insightful observations, and the right amount of humor. Well done Jules!!!
2. "A BRICkord" (r_taylor) - r_taylor did a fantastic job REsourcing RECorderBelle's audio RECord and created a very stimulating video packed full of REpetition. It's just the right length and is paced very evenly. This is an exceptional example of an audio-combined-well-with-video REmix looks like.
3. "Words We're Wailing (cover art)" (fractaldust) - Hopefully this RECord inspires a trend on hitRECord for graphic artists to create "album covers" for songs that the community works on. I think the addition of artists covers/posters to great songs would be a really cool collaboration. Just think of all the songs on the site that could use some cover-style art. That being said, fractaldust made a very interesting visual interpretation of RegularJOE's "Words We're Wailing." It has the look of a '50s or '60s album, but with a modern day aesthetic to it. I'm really interested in how this cover concept evolves, as well as covers for other songs as well.
4. "Row your boat/I do believe" (L.A.) - It was a pleasant surprise to have a "Row Your Boat" appear this week. L.A.'s soulful vocal contribution adds a nice touch, fitting right into the rhythm and harmony of the original REsources. Hopefully this new version inspires more vocalists to work on the collaboration and to build on L.A.'s additions.
5. "Pierrot" (Hatto) - This is a very striking photograph in many ways. There's a lot of emotion in it, as well a solid dose of mystery. Overall I just find myself affected by the face; less so by the facepaint, but more about what the character could possibly be feeling based on her expression. It's a fascinating RECord of emotion.
6. "not a photo of a sunset" (paperlilies) - You know, at first i thought this might be some kind of anti-photography statement. Then I hypothesized that it was paperlillies' way of personifying the sun itself. As for a third interpretation, well I haven't formed that yet. But I really like the colors and the imperfections caused by the water and how the text seems to be making some kind of a statement about... something. Despite my inability to fully grasp its concept, I really enjoy looking at it and thinking about what it could mean.
7. "Rainy Day" (Benniy) - I really like art that's about people helping one another. Sometimes you sit through a movie for two hours to get experience the kind of warm feeling an image like "Rainy Day" achieves in a single colorful frame. This RECord is both pleasing to the mind and to the heart.
8. "hR trailer (RECommends)" (missamerica) - missamerica took the RE-RECommendation album to new heights by not only compiling RE-RECs, but then REmixing them into a trailer, all tied together by the REsources. And while the creativity of this idea is superb, she also managed to make quite an interesting video out of the concept that's now a standalone piece of video and a RE-REC album all in one.
9. "Pep talk" (_buttercup) - "Pep talk" shows why it is always interesting to click on the drop-down tray and check out a RECord's REsources. _buttercup took three very diverse RECords and put them all together seemlessly. You have the character, a background, and LizRECords' handwriting REmixed together. But the real icing on the cake is the quotation that _buttercup addedto the mix. It's very inspirational and uplifting.
10. "Words We're Wailing (NOLA B-day)" & "Mommy & Me" (RegularJOE) - These are two realy special things on hitRECord that are sure to continue to welcome collaborators, listeners, and responses. Please check them out if you haven't already.
Hope this answers your questions, Joe,
though most of it is stuff you already know.
A video here, and not a dope rhyme,
just about six minutes of your time.
I beg your pardon for my verbosity;
But I hope this quells your curiosity! ^_^
Public domain images used:
Listening to RECorderBelle's audio immediately made me think of the huge pile of bricks in our back garden. I remixed the original audio and, uh, filmed some bricks! :) unfortunately my best animation segment got corrupted and my camera ran out of battery before I got enough shots so I may have another go at this and reRECord it - Rachel. p.s. I'm going to be dreaming about bricks tonight.
i wanted to contribute in some way but my singing attempts were... mildly horrifying. but hey, every good song needs some album art, right? hope you like it. i went through two sharpies making that text :'D
happy birthday, RegularJOE! <3
Here are my video RECommends for the past couple of weeks. I had an idea...you know how when you see a trailer for a movie, it really makes you want to see that movie? Well, I thought I'd try to do the same here.
Music: 'His name is death' by tiafischer
Some people can't accept who you are? well they are clearly stupid! You are awesome the way you are - they just can't see it or don't want to see it. Be kind to yourself ♥
Why have I been on a song about dying in a life love's arms these last few days as I turn thirty? I honestly don't know. Wrote the words a couple nights ago. Thinking of a sort of drunk sing-along. Metaphorest and Lizziemackie just recorded a beautifully sweet version of it earlier today. Here's what I whipped up on Garageband this wee pre-dawn. Far from finished, we'll see how this one pours out... If you really wanna do something for my birthday, maybe sing along to this? :O?
Just passed midnight here in New Orleans, so it was 30 years ago today, my mom started cleaning up my doo doos. Tonight we sang about it. Her first time using GarageBand! Can't think of a nicer way to celebrate. <3 And we'd both get a huge kick out of it if anybody remixed this in any way... c'mon you gotta, it's my birthday ^_^