1. My Flawless Friend by justfalafs. A raw, unburnished beauty indeed. A great testament to vulnerability and insecurity and self-esteem. Great acting and editing.
2. Static Lovers: A Tiny Story by RedHeadMonster. There's a newer version I believe, but this little story is a gem and it comes with such an adorable illustration. Why don't we write more stories in life about what goes on in a dryer?
3. The Circus Doves by ChrisStorms. It might have been tricky, but it paid off because it's a lovely piece of art. The colors and symmetry are all wonderful.
4. Wah Wah Wanderer by alpal. Considering my penchant for 40's music it's a wonder I haven't listened to the song 80 billion times. Taking a Metaphorest classic and turning it into a jazz kicker is an awesome idea! Well done, alpal!
5. Childhood Memories: by pamagotchi. Family memories are all it takes to make me weep these days and she does a hell of a job making it look effortless to be young. The voiceover and words are just perfect and all I want is to be 8 years old again.
6. Solstitium by alexandrelemay. It's so beautiful. I love it. You don't have to a genius to figure it out, but there're complexities and subtleties that I adore.
7. I, Shadow by Metaphorest. I just want to laugh. It's great. These are the questions we should be asking ourselves and it's a great contribution to the shadow collab.
8. Erotic Psychotic by aglow. People with wings are really hot, aren't they? They're such a mixture of humanity and divinity that it makes you want it. Anyway, a great myth, a great idea and a great editing job.
9. Everything is on Fire (...) by Kavonne. A wonderful remix of the vid. It's been expanded to cover so many more layers. I love that they're way more things in this video to be passionate about and a variety of life passions. It's very well done.
10. Eros and Psyche Remix by aglow. I couldn't help myself and added not just another aglow by another Eros/Psyche. It's not even my first pick for the collab, but I do love this myth and these characters and I just love this drawing. The original is really heightened here with the colors and editing. It's such a good picture of who these two are.
I really, really like this version of Metaphorest's Twin. So I thought I would attempt to have a go and create something. This is me, completely vunerable, Beautiful, Flawed rough-hewn and raw.
Just playing around with ink and opaque watercolors on craft paper. It's tricky when the paper is so absorbant the color doesn't want to move, I've found.
Jazz trio sings Metaphorest's Wanderer. Excavated from 1946.
...just kidding about 1946, though.
You remember playing hide and seek,
Running in a tiny apartment.
Adventure courses full of spiders’ webs.
Smart tricks to avoid a kiss on the lips.
The kid pretending to be Superman, his towel
Tied around his neck and some
Sunglasses on his nose.
Tea spoons from the wedding set
Which all ran away in the trash one day,
Quotes, now famous: “Do you want a Malbo light?”
Candy blackmails just because you refused to play a game.
This is your childhood.
Because of the years and distance, you’ve grown apart.
But most of the time you’ll meet again for a communion, a wedding,
Sometimes, you have to start from the very first step, as if you
Were facing a stranger.
Your memories aren’t theirs; and he’s already a man,
She’s already a woman.
They travel to Africa, to Austria.
They want to save lives, from hunger or from flames.
They believe their desires are reality,
So you become a dreamer at your turn.
Then you realise that “it’s all or nothing.”
When it appears you got nothing, it’s life,
But it doesn’t mean you love them less than before.
It’s just, now, you admire them from afar.
It’s your blood.
Or the souvenirs of an old friendship that we wanted to preserve.
But whether the relation is obvious or not,
And this is exactly why this is so beautiful.
Thank you to Cinammon for writing such beautiful words, recording a beautiful VO and generally inspiring this whole thing. Merci merci merci <3
Love. Passion. Artistry. Excellence. I believe these are born from a fiery heart. We harness fire for industrial purposes. We can create and can destroy with fire. We even celebrate with fire. With the original Everything on Fire video, Joe pays a fiery tribute to the love shared between two brothers. This remix is my take on the fiery heart.
Public domain videos from Archive.org Conductor, Part 3 http://www.archive.org/details/Conductor_1492_3
We Deliver (1983) http://www.archive.org/details/WeDeliverPt1_1
These Are My People (Part I) (1959) http://www.archive.org/details/these_are_my_people_1
Industries of the United States: Steel - The Hardest Metal in the World http://www.archive.org/details/steel_the_hardest_metal
Negro Colleges in Wartime (ca. 1944) http://www.archive.org/details/NegroCol1944
Integration Report I (1960) http://www.archive.org/details/Integrat1960
RFK Must Die - The Assassination of Bobby Kennedy http://www.archive.org/details/RfkMustDie-TheAssassinationOfBobbyKennedy (CC0 1.0 Universal Public Domain Dedication)
News Magazine of the Screen, The (Vol. 5, Issue 10; Summer Review 1955) (1955/08) http://www.archive.org/details/NewsMaga_5
News Magazine of the Screen (1951) http://www.archive.org/details/NewsMaga_2
Medicus collection: New York World's Fair, 1939-40] (Reel 3) (Part II) (1939) http://www.archive.org/details/Medicusc1939_9
Soundie - Hollywood Boogie (1946) http://www.archive.org/details/soundie_12
Study of Negro Artists, A http://www.archive.org/details/study_of_negro_artists
[Back to Freedom: More War Prisoners Return to America] (ca. 1950s) http://www.archive.org/details/BacktoFr1950
Royal Wedding (1951) http://www.archive.org/details/royal_wedding (Astaire dancing on the walls and ceiling sequence at 66:21)
Hands (ca. 1944) http://www.archive.org/details/Hands1944
Video from NASA.gov Solar Dynamics Observatory Sees Solar Flare http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/videogallery/index.html?media_id=13014518