• Both I. ~ TaraMarie: This photo is amazing. There's a whole series of these that TaraMarie did and they are all beautiful.
• A Blot Story - Part II ~ Sibylline: I think the thought that we bleed life and creation is an inspiring thing, just like this illustration. I kind of love Sibbyline.
• Tiny Story of Possibility ~ JulesKD: I see a lot of possibility in this tiny story. :)
• Rare Flower ~RedHeadMonster: Thi is one of my favorite illustrations of late. I think it's breathtaking and retro.
•Whisky in my Ears ~ AeB: This is one of my favorite text recods of late. I think readings of it would roll off the tongue.
• How to Wear Your HitRECord Red Button ~ themetafictionist: I love this on it's own, but I can see a great remix coming out if it that's even poppier and wild.
• I am 2 D ~ GimikJo: I found this video right after my reREC's last week and I knew it would end up in my selections this week. it's beautiful and the resources that created it need to continue to be remixed as well.
• X-RAY Girl [Tiny Image] ~ This might just be one of my favorite illustrated tiny stories ever.
• Clocks Back: Video Response ~ SmudgeofPaint: I discovered this a bit after everyone else, but fell in love. It's hyptonizing.
• Nightmares. ~ AuditionMD: This hits on some stuff I've been dealing with and I think it's beautiful. I can't wait to see it remixed.
NOTE: TO VIEW, PLEASE DOWNLOAD. The video won't play, but you can still download it :] Sorry!
My more-than-slightly rough stop-motion response to Metaphorest & PASIV's AMAZING song 'Clocks Back.'
I originally had 4 shots per letter, but - wow - when I put them all together it couldn't fit into the music properly, and was too busy. So, after taking out 3/4 of the shots I took, this is what I got!
& sorry about the shakiness. I don't have a tripod, so I had to hold the camera.
Hopefully *fingers crossed* it's decent!
REM: Sorry, there are 2 misprints in the image: I forgot to add a 's' at the end of 'doctor' and 'picture': they're both plural in Alpal's Tiny Story. I'll fix it for the next version.
This is a first draft of a visual interpretation of Alpal’s great and striking Tiny Story.
Thanks to MIKA, her skeleton is simply perfect for the story (I think). I also have some other ideas to develop the design but I couldn’t find on the website the appropriate pose of a girl’s model/person.
So, I would have a small request: could anyone upload a/some picture(s) of girl(s) with the skeleton’s pose? Don’t worry, don’t be shy, we probably won’t see/recognize you/the girl. I still don’t know if the model will appear as a shadow behind the skeleton, or if I let the original picture… I don’t really want to choose now actually, I prefer to try directly in Photoshop. Please, I would prefer a color photo, non Black And White (I would like to have the choice to keep the colors or not...).
And I was also thinking about developing this picture idea into a tiny video with a succession of different female models/bodies behind the skeleton… that’s just a rough idea, so I’m really looking forward to your ideas!
I’m also waiting your suggestions for the image:
- which font to use, I just used an Old Typewriter font, but I’m not completely satisfied with it;
- any other elements to add to the image?
- any ideas about the text’s arrangement?
- What about the color(s)?
Re-RECommendations albums is a good way to dig up RECords we like. An other way is to remix them. I wanted to do something with TaraMarie's "Life is But a Dream Dance" for a long time. I thought it would go perfectly with Metaphorest poem "twin" by wirrow. Hope it does TaraMarie's work justice and she'll get some extra hearts :-)
I had this idea while I was in New Orleans. I wanted to try and make a sort of PSA about how to wear your hitRECord button fashionably. It's supposed to be cheesy and ridiculous, so please don't be offended. :)
I continue to be utterly floored by the positive response to my dinky little circles texture I drew a while back, mostly because I'm sort of infamous for being incapable of drawing circles. Like, it's a thing, where I'll be trying to diagram something quickly for my mother and she'll take one look at it and go, "Julia, how is it that you can draw so beautifully and yet you are incapable of making a circle look like a circle?" That is a good question, Mom! I have no idea!
So when I saw the texture rejjie made of my circles I was flabbergasted and overcome with joy. Like, even more than I was when the circles got re-rec'd. I seriously suggest you go to the resources, heart the texture, and use it as much as physically possible, because it's mind-bogglingly gorgeous. And I instantly had to draw something for it. It's not anything particularly imaginative - pretty lady + cool texture so I don't have to bother with background is sort of my default mode and a lot of what I drew back when I was considering doing art for a living, but I think it looks nice. And when my mom walked past, she gave it a verbal thumbs up. So we already know it's better than my circles.
You scream when you sleep.
I wish I could walk into your dreams.
Simply slay that foul beast
Who haunts you through your nightly rest
And daunts y...