I haven't done one of these in a while...and it's about time I did...here are my thoughts on these RECords.
1) Disgust - This video says what so many of us don't really say out loud. It made me think about how often we do pay so much attention when something horrible happens, and yet a couple weeks later it doens't matter anymore...and it truly is disgusting...this RECord throws something at you that makes you think and really try to understand why we do what we do.
2) Whiskey in my Ears - I always enjoy a good text RECord. I feel that they go so unnoticed on here. This one caught my eye and as I read it I was drawn in by the metaphors.
3) How to wear your HitRECord button - I'm pretty sure this one will get reRECommended a lot, however it does deserve it's reREC. I always try to find new ways to wear my button and I think we could add to what themetafictionist did with her RECord. It was creative and fun.
4) He once more - The text RECord is clever and funny. I haven't come across a text RECord that had made me chuckle in a while now and I'd like to see this one illustrated or acted out. REmix it anyone?
5) belcath's merch ideas - I really love all of her ideas for the RECstore and she has them all organized neatly in albums within an album which makes them easier to access. Give them a look.
6) Oh and - This is a different style of writing than I'm used to. It's not unusual, but I don't come across it very often and I rather enjoyed this one.
7) heart ninja t-shirt - This shirt is TOO CUTE! I have this weird obsession with ninjas and the way fractaldust illustrated the different ways to RECommend a RECord was clever. This is a t-shirt I would buy.
8) Clocks Back (video remix) - This video was beautifully cut together and made. I'd love to see more REmixes to this song because it is a beautiful song that has so much potential for videos.
9) my heart carries stones - Just getting onto hitRECord today I found this. And I instantly fell in love. Very rarely do I find a audio RECord that I absolutely love and this one falls under that category. I'd like to see what can be REmixed out of this. Music videos? Short stories?
10) Again by Heart Ad/Poster - I think we need more posters for the RECstore and this one illustrates one of the main sayings here on hitRECord. I would like to see more posters come out of this and I'd definitely like to see if we could REmix this poster even more!
Would be interested in: Someone to make music to complement this.
Newer version: http://hitrecord.org/records/367546
i don't know where i've been
i can't recall if i'm wearing thin
i don't mind if i'm lost
i don't mind if i'm tired and frail and lost
i left a man in my wake
resented him for what he had to say
i don't mind that i'm alone
i don't mind that my heart, it carries stones
my heart, it carries stones
i told it all, unedited
i told it all like i remembered it
they interlocked and then they fled
and met again, but the love they'd made was dead
i am no historian
i'm prone to error in the records i give
i am proud of what i feel
i am proud that my skin is tempered steel
my skin is tempered steel
(any suggestions and constructive criticism will be most welcome:))
some of you mentioned wanting my ninja guide on a t-shirt, so here you go! kaPOW, baZINGG, aaatCHOO (whoops, sorry about that one, i have allergies...)
I had this idea while I was in New Orleans. I wanted to try and make a sort of PSA about how to wear your hitRECord button fashionably. It's supposed to be cheesy and ridiculous, so please don't be offended. :)
Here is the corrected design with the copyrighted image swapped out.
(I found out from fractaldust and cacheth that one of the images from the first ad/poster is copyrighted and that the HR team has been notified).