I could have recommended a dozen or so hevn & urth records but I decided that may be for another time, the few I've thrown in here I'm either absolutely in love with or think they're great records that need some more love.
• RE Cities Contribution ~ HelloLindsayyyyyy: I think this might be my favorite thing to come out of the cities collab so far.
• Sitting at Sunset ~ HaleyErin: This is just a stunning photo in my opinion and I think I'm the only one that's hearted it. I'd love to see that change. :)
• Waves into Wings ~ nooreo: from the colors chosen to the style of this illustration I'm just in love.
• Down ~ alpal: This is a tiny tragedy, but I love it. I love that the tiny stories are still going strong.
• Tiny HitRECord Tragedy ~ may mcdonough: Another tiny tragedy, but a beautiful one.
• Hit REC poster ~ coleiobrien: I like this image, even though I'm not so sure it 100% works. However, if someone were to animate this I think it could be golden.
• a new hevn (Joe narration) ~ RegularJoe: I'm not throwing this one on here because I think it needs more <3, but I can honestly say this was my favorite record of the week. I can't tell you how many times I've listedn to it. Beautiful reading.
• Butterflies ~ purplepeopleeater: I love this painting, but I also think they could be remixed into a lot of different things. I want to see these butterflies popping up everywhere.
• Hevn&Urth (rough concept) ~ swaylooza: This is my favorite concept sketch for how the heavn & urth characters should look. It's so simple but visually dynamic.
• A Tiny Story Being Born ~ RedHeadMonster: This is another record that I think would be beautiful if animated. Remix please?
The rhyming creation myth by wirrow and Metaphorest. I tweaked the words just a little, and my draft of the text is resourced below. And here I recorded a reading of it. There's already been lots of great readings of this poem, and I hope there are more to come. I think it might be cool to mix a grand multitude of voices together to tell this story.
The next thing that probably ought to happen is for visual artists to start drawing specific parts. Pick a stanza you like, or even just one line and turn it into any sort of image. Maybe pretty soon we could have a bit of a storybook slideshow going, which is usually an important step in big animation projects.
From a painting I did...just multiplied the little guys and messed with colors to create a swarm of lovely monarchs. I thought it could be used in the creation myth illustrations somehow
"meadows stretched and liquefied / and poured into the ocean / whose waves formed winged beasts that leapt / and fluttered into motion" - a new hevn.
I tried to include as many REsources as I could. :) Wrote a little something about each one viewed; and in most cases, it had something to do with the original video.
Here's what was said:
"This world is pretty big,
If you’re looking for inspiration
Sit back, grab a beer
And travel to Dublin, Ireland.
Or make your way to New York City and create the best of memories.
You can learn patience and strength on trains in Tokyo
Slug a bug in Texas and meet ugly ducklings
Take in someone elses idea of heaven in Scotland
Or listen to tiny stories in Brussels
You can see the night lit up in Shangahai
Cuddle a train stranger in Chicago
And maybe even find out who you are on the streets of London
You can smoke a doobie in Amsterdam, or gaze at the swans instead.
If you don’t like swans, you can live a fast life in Chile
Or go on a scenic bike ride in Minneapolis
If you go by road in an English Countryside, it’s a beautiful journey
Or you can road trip from Salt Lake City, Utah to San Diego, California
…and get kicked out of a few bars on the way.
Get your feet wet in Australia
Leave your heart in Boston, Massachusetts
View Pittsburgh from the hills
Or Barcelona from the skies.
Spend your summer in Budapest
Listen to the rain in Ukraine
Tilt shift the UK
Time lapse Philadelphia
Venezuela, Vancouver, Ontario, Italy, Singapore, Honolulu, Croatia, Paris, Virginia, Berlin…
And you can meet me in Detroit, MI
No matter where you are
Or who you decide to be…
Whether you look up at the stars
Or wish upon the city lights
There’s a piece of you where you live
And a piece of where you live, inside of you."
"so with a song and dance
a tiny story came to be
a star that lit their eyes up
and enabled them to see."
Fun fact - apparently y'all love fetuses! (Fetii? Either way sounds wrong.) So since I got the okay from the community and the thumbs up from Wirrow, I decided to go ahead and explore the concept further. Here's an itty-bitty story being born. Looks a little less human, I think. I have this larger and in black and white for when we actually will need to use it, but for posting purposes, I like giving things a little color.
Also, anyone who knows how to use Adobe Flash to animate this and does is my hero. I will pretty much throw a ticker-tape parade in your honor.