Haven't made a ReRec album in ages. :/
Hopefully I will get better at this.
Here it is! Last minute...
1. The Happy Couple - Love this video. Really feel the emotion of the characters. Very cool idea.
2. Remix Theater (Pilot) - Wonderful result of an awesome collaboration!! I've been so excited for this. It all came together perfectly. Congrats to all involved! Can't wait to see future episodes! :D
3. Remix Theater McSuperfly - Can't get enough of this. ToNIIIIGHT. Sherbs is a master at his craft. Love every character he comes up with. Well done, dude!
4. In the Forest of Urth - Cerebis always has such wonderful footage. This video transported me. The song & the video together was perfect.
5. Si(gn)ing Big - This video is awesome! Simple and lovely.
1. Metaphorest's Ravens (Remix) - Loved what TMH added to this! It sounds so good.
2. Spilt milk and crumbled cookies - Absolutely lovely. Really like the simplicity of it.
3. Molinos - RJ at it again! So cool!
4. Running Away - Thank you, Megan for adding perfect soundtracks to the emotions collab! Please make more. They are amazing!
1. just an honest kid - I love Gwen's writing style. This one really struck a chord with me.
2. The Centre - Hadn't read this one before. Read it when I was visiting home this past week & it perfectly described how I was feeling after being in the city for so long. "I will always crave fields and stars and peace"
3. the resilience of a soul - Phen's writings are always so good. Love this one.
1. happy for u - This one is so sad but so adorable. *hugs* Inky <3
2. Tranquil State - Really like this.
3. my honeyhead - I miss seeing your stuff, Toss! This one is so lovely
4. Dapper Animals - One of my favorite drawings on here EVER. Smoking snail...can't get enough.
The "REmix Theatre" collaboration began on January 18, 2011 and, after nearly three months of hard work by the contributing community, the 'Pilot Episode' is officially on the air.
I had no idea if making a quasi late night television show was even going to be possible. But I figured it was worth a try.
As outlandish a concept as it was at times, the community was remarkably supportive and immensely helpful in contributing the essential pieces to the project. And I wanted us to aim high, making the show as close to real television as possible: commercials, credits, bumpers, and network IDs had to be created just for this.
With the pilot in the can, my hope now is that this Pilot Episode will help inspire future installments. The idea behind "REmix Theatre" was always to establish some kind of structure and then have other hitRECorders pick and choose which parts they would like to carry over into new episodes. And with new episodes would come new Featured RECords, new fictional host characters, and new formats.
I did my best to cite every REsource involved with the project but I did want to highlight a few key contributors to this production, without whom none of this end product would have been possible:
* thesherbethead: I'm forever indebted to this creaive spirit. His theme music contribution really kickstarted the whole thing when it was in a lull and helped me figure out the direction it truly needed to go in. And Vincent McSuperfly is a character I really enjoy. Did you know that #McSuperfly has been trending since 1976? I thought it was since '77, but wikipedia was incorrect.
* Melanne: Heavily involved from the get-go, Melanne's ideas and passion motivated me day in and day out to keep going and stick with it.
* themetafictionist: Every single RECord on the site has the ability to inspire. When themetafictionist uploaded "How To Wear Your hitRECord Button" I remember thinking for a while what her RECord reminded me of. Then it came to me. It was like an infomercial from the '50s. I had already REmixed a Public Domain ad for "Free TV" and I had decided that was to be the lone commercial for the show. But then I decided to work on the "Retro RECord Store Ad" collaboration and that was one of the most fun things I've worked on (plus I think it adds a nice light-hearted touch to the show.)
* Dolphin170: There were so many excellent logos uploaded to the initial "REmix Theatre" collaboration, but Dolphin170's "Hitrecord Network Logo" was the one that I found myself really connecting with. Her logo was so uniquely retro and simple, and it hit on all the points I was looking for. That one design became so integral in the crucial "Network IDs" that bookend the episode.
The following Public Domain clips were used:
* "Shock Waves" - http://www.archive.org/details/ShockWaves-Trailer
* "The House That Dripped Blood" - http://www.archive.org/details/TheHouseThatDrippedBlood-Trailer
* "Madman - trailer" - http://www.archive.org/details/Madman-Trailer
* "Ruby - trailer" - http://www.archive.org/details/Ruby-Trailer
* "Corruption - trailer" - http://www.archive.org/details/Corruption-Trailer
* "Dracula Has Risen From the Grave - trailer" - http://www.archive.org/details/DraculaHasRisenFromTheGrave-Trailer
* "The Virgin of Nuremberg - trailer" - http://www.archive.org/details/TheVirginOfNuremberg-Trailer
* "Maniac - trailer#1" - http://www.archive.org/details/Maniac-Trailer1
* "The Wicker Man - trailer" - http://www.archive.org/details/TheWickerMan-Trailer
* "Taste the Blood of Dracula" - http://www.archive.org/details/TasteTheBloodOfDracula-Trailer
* "Don't Open the Door - trailer" - http://www.archive.org/details/DontOpenTheDoor-Trailer
* "Horror of Dracula - trailer" - http://www.archive.org/details/HorrorOfDracula-Trailer
* "One Dark Night" - http://www.archive.org/details/OneDarkNight-Trailer
* "Our Feature Presentation HD Clean & Dirty" - http://www.archive.org/details/PublicDomain-OurFeaturePresentationHdCleanDirty
* "Drive-in: Save Free TV" - http://www.archive.org/details/Drive-inSaveFreeTv
I would like to see ambient background noise added to this and perhaps very light reverb on the vocals to make it sound realistic. Take it away, Conley.
Camera-work by Edward Shallow.
Some footage shot recently (and two sneaky clips from a while ago) in Colligan, a forest near where I live, cut to amferraro's great track "hevn told urth"
last night, while hanging sheets up in my room and playing with shadow puppets, I had the awesome idea to translate some big hitrecord thing into american sign language. first, I thought MMM, but then I remembered that I haven't signed in about 10 years, and that was a terrible idea. so, since we've got the lipsynching thing going on, I figured Nothing Big was a better bet.
plus, I'm still working my way up to singing on the internet. dread when that day comes.
if anyone fluent in ASL wants to smack me with a dictionary, please do so, since I'm really fucking rusty. and gave up on attempting to sign "That'll Do"...
I saw Meta posted the stems for this to Albert, and I noticed that he might want some male vocals in the song. All I did was sing along with it, not really any fancy harmonies or anything, so I can post my vocals alone if you happen to want them. Or, I can even record different harmonies if you like. It might even be best if I wasn't singing the entire time. All just an idea, nothing big. Let me know. :)
they laughed when i cried
over a skinned knee
i was always picked last
for any activities
now i don't go out so much…
i know where i belong now.
my mom, she tried her best
to come to my defense
but when her back was turned
the tide just washed back in
now i don't bother to talk…
it's too much work to keep from falling apart
i know where i belong now.
This music was conjured up one inspiring evening in the fall of 2008, in my then-dwellings of Laguna Beach, CA ~ RE:RECorded the parts of the original demo guitar loop using my trusty Strat
The title "Molinos" comes from the Spanish word for "mills" (as in windmills) which is where my family's surname originates from. I named it such for the music, in a sense, reminded me of the gears of a windmill.
That awkward moment when you realize you can't run away from your problems
you paddle often down my stream of consciousness with palms i would trace hearts into and though i do not love you because i do not know you because love is just a word because love is just a la...
When I was younger, I dreamt
of when I didn’t have to sit
on a bus for an age to get
to the centre of something,
when I could live there,
in a place with sleep...
I didn’t hate you when we broke up (called it quits, ended things, decided to see other people, wanted to take a break, whatever you’ve been calling it -- we broke...